S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role: Principal Analyst The Team:
The Principal Analyst will join the Inorganics & Minerals product team and will be responsible for researching and compiling multiclient studies within the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) and the Specialty Chemicals Update Program (SCUP) suite of reports, in addition to supporting single client consulting work and becoming a recognized expert in the specialty chemicals field.
The Principal Analyst will develop independent market analyses and insights based on primary and secondary market research, developing their network, expertise and influence within the relevant industries The Impact:
Our researchers gather and analyze critical data from around the globe on chemical markets, processes, companies and future developments in the industries they serve. They provide insights that enable clients to make optimal short-term decisions under conditions of rapid change and uncertainty as well as informed long-term decisions on capital investments and business strategy What's in it for you:
- The Principal Analyst will be joining a truly international team within the Specialty Chemicals organisation, with access to a wealth of expertise and valuable insights.
- Collaboration, discovery and continuous learning regarding this exciting industry, will propel the Principal Analyst to be a recognise industry expert in their field.
- Offers the opportunity to enrich their valuable network, both in the chemical industry and within S&P Global.
- Attending and presenting at world leading conferences are expected and encouraged.
What We're Looking For:
- Timely preparation of high-quality industry reports on a range of chemical products based on interviews with industry participants, review of relevant industry news, examination of analytical and macroeconomic trends, and attendance at industry conferences in their area of specialization.
- Provide valuable insights and expertise in response to enquiries pertaining to their reports and the industries they serve.
- Support consulting colleagues regarding single client studies in the field of specialization.
- Proactively support sales growth through the promotion of Commodity Insights reports and services. Support sales colleagues with opportunities, leads and technical expertise.
- Act as ambassador for the company in the specialized industries, through networking, presentations and journal articles.
- Work effectively as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team (e.g. marketing and sales) and help provide best services to internal and external customers.
Flexible Working (optional)
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related subject
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within the chemicals market sector, preferably in the field of inorganics and minerals.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to assimilate industry and macro-market trends to develop critical market insights.
- Ability to prioritize workload to deliver scheduled multiclient studies, whilst supporting external and internal enquiries.
- Comfortable presenting and discussing industry related topics at all levels of business.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, with an openness to exchange information and methodologies.
- Good commercial acumen with a desire to drive growth and value creation
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.