IHS Markit is the world's most comprehensive source of chemical insight, information and analysis.
Our researchers and consultants gather and analyze critical data from around the globe on chemical markets, processes, companies and future developments I the industries they serve. They provide insights that enable clients to make optimal short-term decisions under conditions of rapid change and uncertainty as well as informed long-term decisions on capital investments and business strategy. Our consultants use proven consulting techniques to develop solutions to our clients' most complex challenges.
We are delighted to announce that we are now seeking a Principal Analyst
to join our Specialty Chemicals team in Tokyo, Japan. The Principal Analyst will join the Solvents & Surfactants product team and will be responsible for researching and compiling multiclient studies within the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) and the Specialty Chemicals Update Program (SCUP) suite of reports, in addition to supporting single client consulting work and becoming a recognized expert in the specialty chemicals field.
The Principal Analyst will develop independent market analyses and insights based on primary and secondary market research, developing their network, expertise and influence within the relevant industries.
General job duties include:
- Timely preparation of high-quality industry reports on a range of chemical products based on interviews with industry participants, review of relevant industry news, examination of analytical and macroeconomic trends, and attendance at industry conferences in their area of specialization.
- Provide valuable insights and expertise, externally and internally, in response to enquiries pertaining to their reports and the industries they serve.
- Support IHS Markit colleagues in the Business Consulting group regarding single client studies in the field of specialization.
- Proactively support sales growth through the promotion of IHS Markit reports and services. Support sales colleagues with opportunities, leads and technical expertise.
- Act as ambassador for IHS Markit in the specialized industries, through networking, presentations and journal articles.
- Work effectively as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team (e.g. marketing and sales) and help provide best services to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related subject.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working within the chemicals market sector, preferably in the field of solvents and / or surfactant chemicals.
- A thorough understanding of chemical markets, including:
- chemical value chains
- market and industry dynamics
- A thorough understanding of chemical products in terms of:
- production processes
- potential replacements
- environmental and health issues associated with chemical products
- Excellent command of Japanese & English languages.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to assimilate industry and macro-market trends to develop critical market insights.
- Ability to prioritize workload to deliver scheduled multiclient studies, whilst supporting external and internal enquiries.
- Comfortable presenting and discussing industry related topics at all levels of business.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, with an openness to exchange information and methodologies.
- Good commercial acumen with a desire to drive growth and value creation.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.