S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Presales Solutions Specialist - Data Management The Team:
EDM is a data management platform for acquiring, validating and distributing trade, operational, risk, Energy Upstream and Trade data. It creates a single version of the truth in a consistent, transparent and fully audited environment. Firms benefit from greater control, ongoing compliance and transparency of their data. Its User Interface enables users to visualize the data and support any business workflows. The Impact:
EDM is currently looking for a Presales Solutions Specialist to join the team and play a key role in the future growth of the business. The Presales Solutions Specialist will be instrumental in demonstrating all aspects of EDM products as well as running and working on proof of value engagements. This is the first resource in APAC and our expectation is this candidate will quickly add value as an individual contributor and support management functions. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Education and Experience
- Work on and run demonstrations, workshops and Proof of Values of EDM taking the lead to ensure successful and timely delivery of prospective client's requirements
- Work closely with prospects to understand their business requirements across a spectrum of the upstream Energy space (Well, Production, Surveys, Seismic, Logs, Core, etc.)
- Assist in the RFP completion process by providing responses to the product and technology questions
- Communicate with prospects and internal stakeholder's throughout the sales lifecycle, escalating issues when appropriate
- Provide coaching and training to new clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that clients are prepared for the start of a project and are competent in utilising the product as planned
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the product functionalities
- Provide customer feedback to product managers for enhancements and continuous improvement working teams (Project Management, Business Analysis, Development, End Business Users, etc.), balancing differing objectives and providing influence where needed
- Partner with Sales, Product, Professional Services and other business lines to create new demos and offer new solutions
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- 7+ years of professional experience
- High level of technical skills - strong level SQL a must. Programming experience is a bonus, in particular .Net/C#/Python
- Experience of Energy Upstream data sources and systems is required (Kingdom, Petrel, etc.)
- Solid understanding of energy products, a broad understanding of the upstream process, regulations, risk and operations and associated data management needs
- Experience as a Sales Engineer, Professional Services or Developer preferred
- Commercial awareness as well as a keen understanding of financial software sales cycle
- Strong knowledge of technology as it applies to line connectivity and systems support
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first-class customer service whilst delivering value added solutions to address customer needs
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying and evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters with a strong desire to challenge and deliver
- Ability to travel up to 30% will be required
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and a confident and articulate presenter to internal / external audiences
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.