The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Practice Managers that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions. The PM will have an engineering/architecture background and will build a working relationship with their sales counterparts and be assigned a subset of accounts within the geography. The PM will also have a team of direct reports that are multi-disciplined and located within the same geography. The PM will develop a long term Professional Services territory strategy and execute plan within their accounts. The PM is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers. The role includes all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery oversight and program management in their accounts.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field business development, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services
• Building, developing and retaining top talent
• Engage with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
• Development of long term Cloud Strategy for customers
• Identification and development of specific opportunities and supporting business cases
• Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects, including budget and deliverable responsibilities
• Mitigation of delivery risks and issues
• Overseeing delivery of projects in account, ensuring high quality delivery
• Act as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
• Educate customers on AWS services and translate those into a clear business value proposition
• Envision and inspire customers
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
• Previous demonstration of deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Managing Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications
• Designing, building, and operating enterprise scale IT processes and infrastructures
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."