Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC's Second Line of Defence Regulatory Compliance Risk Assurance (RCRA) provides risk based testing of the Regulatory Compliance (RC) risk and control activities to provide reasonable assurance that the business (including services provided to the business) is operating in line with relevant laws, regulations, HSBC Group standards and ensuring that HSBC delivers fair outcomes for our customers and does not disrupt market integrity. The bank's assurance model will operate consistently in all countries to deliver greater transparency and consistency of the reporting of global RC risks.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Monitoring Manager. Principal responsibilities:
- Contribute to assurance reviews across the region and/or country and multiple Lined of Businesses.
- Work collaboratively within the immediate team and more widely within the RCRA team.
- Contribute to the team's delivery of outstanding performance (client service, behavioural expectations, and adherence to RCRA Plans).
- Work with the team to provide a highly professional, competent and skilled service to the Business; ensure that the RCRA programme meets regulatory expectations and provides senior management with up-to-date information regarding standards of compliance with applicable rules within the organization.
- Exercise any/all delegated authorities with due care and diligence.
- Take decisions based on individual knowledge and experience.
- Think proactively and come up with ideas for enhancements to assurance activity; work with considerable autonomy, dealing with issues for which there is no obvious solution while still being able to provide judgment and clear direction.
- Responsible for ensuring that the assurance standards in the regional and/or country are in accordance with the Global RCRA guidance, Group Standards Manual and Functional Instruction Manual (FIM).
- Minimum of 5 years proven relevant business, audit experience or equivalent.
- Strong risk assessment, control and testing skills and preferably audit related experience.
- Audit related certification preferred (such as CPA, CIA, CAMS, or similar).
- Relevant experience of a range of business activities, product lines and regulatory topics.
- Knowledge of financial services and able to demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the challenges facing the global financial services industry and the changing regulatory landscape surrounding compliance organisations within the banking industry.
- Experience in operating within a complex global financial services institution and building positive and professional relationships with regulators.
- Strong analytical, organisational, project management, and strategic and/or operational planning skills. Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Excellent communicator with strong collaborative, inter-personal and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with and also to lead different cultural groups and build consensus.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively and proven ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion, work independently within broad guidelines, tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data and complete assignments on timely basis.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.