FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, Shariah and Family Takaful products across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance. Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group.
Launched in Malaysia on 29 June 2019, FWD Takaful Berhad (Company No. 200601011780 ) is FWD Group's inaugural Takaful business - a partnership between FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (an FWD Group company), JAB Capital Berhad and Employee Provident Fund Board of Malaysia (EPF).
If you are looking for a career which can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey! KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Identify, assess and monitor the compliance of FWD's business operations and activities with Shariah.
- Report to the Board, Shariah committee and senior management regularly on Shariah non-compliance issues and findings.
- Inform and provide updates to the board, Shariah committee and senior management on the latest developments in legal and regulatory requirements in Islamic finance, especially in relation to issuance of the Shariah Advisory Council's ruling.
- Ensure adequate training and guidance are provided to the officers of an IFI on relevant Shariah requirements governing the IFI's operations, business, affairs and activities.
- Produce Shariah review reports at least quarterly to Management and Shariah committees on the effectiveness of implementation and embedding of the Shariah Governance Framework and policies including progress against the annual Shariah review plan.
- Liaise with regulators and industry bodies and participate, where possible, in industry meetings to ensure knowledge exchange about Shariah regulations and to improve Shariah compliance risk management knowledge.
- Provide support to compliance team for Anti- Bribery project.
- Member of MTA Shariah Non-Compliance (SNC) Parameter Review Working Committee.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Degree in Shariah/Law/ Accounting or any relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Control Function (Compliance/Risk/Audit) or Shariah related functions.
- Sound understanding of relevant Shariah requirements applicable to Islamic financial business.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Strong team-player attitude.
- Consistent follow-through in ensuring corrective or mitigating actions are put in place or closed out.
- Pro-active in identifying Shariah compliance issues or developing appropriate recommendations/ solutions