About the Role
SWIFT is looking for a support Technical Manager to lead the Kuala Lumpur Support Centre of Expertise team.
Recognized within the company as a privileged source of information and support, Centre of Expertise is supporting the regional support centres around the world with complex problems, directly, or indirectly through knowledge sharing. The team is responsible for the 3rd line support activities on Alliance Lite2 and Alliance Cloud. The successful candidate will demonstrate solid analytical & people management skills in a very technical software/applications development environment.
Alliance Lite2 is a secure and reliable, cloud-based way to connect to the SWIFT network. Alliance Lite2 enables SWIFT customers to send and to receive all types of SWIFT messages and files with a very light footprint. Alliance Lite2 also enables the use of all secure WebAccess services offered over SWIFTNet upon separate subscription to these services
Alliance Cloud is the new, high-volume, cloud-based channel, connecting customers to SWIFT's full
suite of services, it provides high levels of operational excellence with increased message flow volume and full SWIFT-level security, all for a low total cost of ownership. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Resolve and report on customer complex problems and provide technical assistance to team members. Drive measures to prevent reoccurrence of problems and cases reported.
- Represent (the voice of) the customer and/or the customer support organisation in projects and major initiatives to increase product supportability, operability and usability and decrease product complexity.
- Ensure timely and effective information distribution/exchange on technical developments, projects evolution, results etc. to team members and initiate appropriate actions
- Create and lead a virtual team (Campaign Management, Documentation, Customer & Vendor Readiness, Centre of Expertise, Support Regions, Service Management, Product Management, Customer Operations). Design, create, organise and deliver staff training, update knowledge management databases and document problem management procedures
- As manager, ensure the team provides high quality service by tracking and monitoring achievements/year to date results against pre-defined objectives, key performance indicators, service level agreement and to propose and ensure implementation of improved tools, procedures and processes
- Under supervision of another manager, implement and maintain HR policies/procedures. Hire, motivate and develop team members, define priorities and objectives, follow-up progress and achievements in order to have qualified, competent and motivated employee; Prepare, propose, and manage within departmental budget.
- Under supervision of another manager, prepare, propose, and manage staffing levels, skills development plans, work plans and shift schedules in order to effectively and efficiently resolve problems and queries
- Candidate with University/Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 6-8 years of experience in a technical services/support environment within financial and/or telecoms industry, of which 3 years in supervising staff Professional knowledge and expertise. Financial business knowledge, project management and coordination skills are an asset.
- Well organised and assertive with a strong orientation towards service delivery
- Strong leadership and people management skills to motivate, manage and coach a team of highly skilled individuals
- Expert knowledge of problem management
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in order to come to the best conclusion in the most efficient way
- Clear and comprehensive communication skills, with the ability to perform under pressure in crisis situations
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
Professional knowledge and expertise
- Good knowledge of Linux RedHat and Windows operating systems
- Security minded and focused
- Scripting, integration or development knowledge is a strong asset
- Knowledge in protocols, middleware, distributed technology, web technology standards (TCP-based protocols, Web technologies (i.e. J2EE, Web Services, Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, ...), OpenShift, Docker, Kafka, XML (schema, xslt, ...), database technologies (i.e. Oracle, Cassandra), security technologies (i.e. PKI, AES, TLS, tokens, HSM, ...) are a strong asset.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Sven Verhaegen - Head of Centre of Expertise (Hiring Manager)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.