FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, Shariah and Family Takaful products across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance. Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group.
Launched in Malaysia on 29 June 2019, FWD Takaful Berhad (Company No. 200601011780 ) is FWD Group's inaugural Takaful business - a partnership between FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (an FWD Group company), JAB Capital Berhad and Employee Provident Fund Board of Malaysia (EPF).
If you are looking for a career which can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey! KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Oversee the daily cash management activities including fund reservation for expenses/ payments, interfund transfers/settlements for trades transactions, cash projections for IL funds.
- Monitor the IL funds daily transactions including subscription/redemption from certificates' holders, trades in IL money market funds.
- Communication and coordination of instructions with external Trustee, Custodian or Fund Managers, includes Trade Settlement Instruction Payment/Transfer Instruction
- Manage computation of daily Net Asset Value (NAV) of IL funds.
- Manage the month end closing activities related to investments and IL funds.
- Manage the investment assets and income reporting for management, Syariah compliance and tax and statutory reporting.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations including bank reconciliations, reconciliations of balance sheet and profit and loss items of IL funds against valuation reports from trustee, reconciliations of IL funds NAV and units recorded in Company's book or system against statements from fund managers, reconciliations of investment assets holdings against external fund manager and custody reports and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide trainings to the team members for knowledge transfer to ensure proper back-up and enhance learning and exposure opportunities.
- Communication with auditors and resolution of issues identified from audit findings.
- Develop, document and maintain SOPs and knowledge base for the team.
- Continuous improvement in tools and best practices in bank reconciliation process, IL funds accounting and investment accounting, including implementation of controls and automation of tasks.
- Manage the annual assessment of outsourcing agreement with Trustee/Custodian
- Support group Finance transformation projects - adoption of IFRS 9, group financial closing processes, implementation of investment accounting solution.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of degree or equivalent, in Finance/ accounting
- At least 5-6 years working experience in related field preferably with insurance or financial institution
- Independent, committed, proactive, always doing the right things attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to perform working under pressure
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Ability to define, prioritise and execute process in a structured manner
- Possess great leadership skills to build and maintain a strong and collaborative team of individuals working toward the same goal
- Desirable: Experience in fund accounting and investment valuation and accounting