Manager, Design Thinking
Summary of role
As part of HLB's journey towards a 'highly digital & innovative ASEAN financial services company', we are looking to expand our capabilities within the Digital & Innovation Office (DIO) to accelerate our transformation journey.
As part of our Customer Experience (CX) Lab, We are looking for talents with design thinking and digital design particularly in digital human experience, customer journey design, UX/UI design and agile project delivery. The objective of this role is to inculcate and embed design thinking as a discipline throughout HLB's digital product, service and experience innovation stages - by making banking simply simple, digitalizing customer journeys to re-imagining banking for tomorrow. This will involve hands-on
This is a both a strategic and execution role with interaction from the C-levels to on-the-ground teams across HLB and reports directly to HLB Head of Customer Experience in the Digital & Innovation Office (DIO). Key Responsibilities:
- Ideate, design and execute digital product, service and experience innovations using Design Thinking methodologies across the bank including retail banking (personal financial services & business/SME banking), Islamic banking and also HLB's operations in the region (Singapore, Vietnam & Cambodia)
- Design and develop customer centric propositions across the four customer stages - Attract, Acquire, Transact and Engage - aiming to create frictionless and delightful customer experience targeted at achieving higher NPS and customer loyalty
- Facilitate and lead design thinking workshops - from defining opportunities, mapping existing and future digital customer journeys as well as facilitating ideation, design, prototyping and usability testing sessions
- Actively performs research on the latest consumer behaviour trends, digital financial services trends and emerging technologies to anticipate and prepare HLB for the future
- Examples of design thinking initiatives include the digitizalizing our offline customer journeys (e.g. branches & call center to digital channels), creating seamless online-to-offline / offline-to-online omni-channel experience, designing our next generation mobile and web experience, forging partnerships with fintechs and startups to create new enabling digital capabilities, or even leading initiatives that may potentially change and disrupt the market.
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. product teams, technology teams, operations & human resources etc) across the organization to deliver high impact customer centric projects
- Drive project delivery and execution of the design thinking initiatives
- Use design thinking to create cultural and systemic conditions for innovation in HLB
- Customer Experience - to support them in different activities, projects and launches
- Retail Banking - to understand, improve and work with our frontline interfaces and back-end processes and systems.
- Human Resource - to review and support new training programs related to Design Thinking to drive continuous improvement in this subject matter.
- Implement and integrate Design Thinking in the organization to support company strategy and brand - develop, integrate and use Service Design tools in organization
- Design and develop customer focused concepts, solutions, launches and customer journeys that are targeted and generate higher NPS and loyalty
- Facilitate and train Design Thinking workshops
- Plan, design and execute initiatives under Branch Innovation with application of Design Thinking.
Requirements Experience, Knowledge and Skill
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experienced in working with Design Thinking and/or Customer Journey mapping in projects and larger organizations
- Experienced with managing and practicing tools such as Customer journey design, UX/UI design, prototyping, usability testing and customer validation
- Experienced at successfully leading and facilitating co-creation workshops and cross functionally facilitation
- Experienced in leading a team, engage and coach to build competency in Design Thinking
- Experienced in managing projects - from strategy to execution
- Candidates with working experiences from technology startups, technology companies and management / strategy consulting firms are welcomed
- Ability to engage and network actively across a range of stakeholders and management groups
- Work together with the team in execution of projects and/or events.
- Responsible to highlight any risks and dependencies to the team.
- Understand the impact of the task to HLB and ensure alignment of initiative to HLB vision and goals
- Structured thinking with strong issue-based problem solving skills
- Visionary, collaborative and strategic, but with creativity and competence for visualization
- Inquisitive and actively keeps up with consumer behavior and technology trends to improve customer experience
- Personal confidence to challenge existing practices and thinking. Enough stamina to face, challenge and overcome resistance across organization
- Is self-reflective and has a growth mindset
- Listen and observe, balanced with the need to be goal and fact-oriented to facilitate the process in the right direction. Attention to detail is important and to be organized and prepared
- Good listening skills and value customers' needs and behaviors
- An eye for details as well as the ability to zoom out and see the bigger perspective