Manager Commercial Banking & Global Banking & Markets Compliance Advisory
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager Commercial Banking & Global Banking & Markets Compliance Advisory.
The role holder is responsible for supporting the Head of CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory Malaysia in the implementation, with guidance from Global and Regional Head, Head of CMB & GBM - Compliance Advisory, of all aspects of Compliance including impact analysis of regulatory changes affecting business and support the coordination and execution of the designated Compliance work streams and assurance in Malaysia, while ensuring alignment with Global Standards and Islamic Banking requirements as well as Conventional banking requirements.
The role requires strong partnership and collaboration with the various business teams and has responsibility for supporting the Head of CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory in the implementation of Compliance policies and standards, local laws and regulations. The role is to ensure a robust and effective compliance framework within the wholesale business. It will monitor and track the progress of designated work streams and initiatives underway which fall under the umbrella of Compliance Risk and Global Standards, provide policy advice and advisory support related to Islamic Banking products, services and clients and to a lesser extent, Conventional products, services and clients
The role will also need to stay at the forefront of regulatory changes, to ensure proactive communication with business and where required, develop or support appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes in Malaysia and to provide advisory support to the wholesale business, including GTRF and GLCM. Principal responsibilities
- Role of jobholder is to provide support to the Head of CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory to assist Amanah, CMB & GB business line management in the discharge of their compliance responsibilities. The jobholder will work closely with the Head of CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory to ensure that all compliance issues and policies for Amanah, CMB & GB are in sync with those for the Group in Malaysia.
- The nature of the job requires the holder to be able to work independently, to see tasks through to completion, analyse and adopt a constructive and proactive approach to changing conditions and regulations. The jobholder is required to work within tremendous diversity both in terms of product/business, increasing regulatory influence and changes in market practice.
- The jobholder is guided by the Global Risk Compliance FIM in addition to various local legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Degree qualification of at least 5 years of compliance or relevant experience, preferably with regulatory compliance experience in Islamic Banking or Wholesale Banking.
- Significant degree of professional independence.
- Strong team-player attitude.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience in dealing with stakeholders at various levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Consistent follow-through in ensuring corrective and mitigating actions are put in place or closed out.
- Pro-active in identifying compliance issues or developing appropriate recommendations/solutions.
- Good planning skills are required in order to perform his/her principal accountabilities and manage a varied workload on a timely basis.
- Practical and effective in providing advice to the relevant functions/businesses management.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.