Mainframe Engineer - CICS
Mainframe CICS System Performance and Tuning Skills are desirable.
Provides technical support and consultation for operating systems. Performs systems programming tasks associated with installation and customization of program products. Uses general specifications to identify and resolve moderately complex to complex systems software and/or hardware problems.
Candidate must have sound knowledge of MVS Z/OS V1.6 or higher System in a medium to large shop environment across multiple data centers running CICS/TS V2.3 and its complement of Program Products, CPSM, IMS V8, DB2 V8, MQ Series, BMC Mainview, STROBE, OPS/MVS and various other program products. Troubleshooting skills is a must (i.e. reading dumps/traces and other troubleshooting tools, as well as working with various vendors as needed to acquire fixes). Must be personable and able to work independently and in a team environment with some remote staff members. A minimum of 4 years experience as a Systems Programmer is highly desirable, with some application programming experience included. Minimum Qualifications
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience. Must be able to work in a very dynamic and occasionally stressful environment, trouble shooting On-line CICS Response Time Issues, Performance issues, system dumps, and assisting Data Center personnel in supporting 7X24 Online Environment with 100% Availability.
• Must have strong decision making skills and can work independently and in a team environment with little direct supervision.
• Must have clear, concise, effective speaking and writing skills.
• Must be willing to provide 7X24 hr. rotational support via pager/dial-up/cell phone.
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of PC's.
• MVS Z/OS V1.4 or higher level Operating System Internals, CICS/TS, CPSM, Database Products (IMS, DB2, MQ Series, BMC Mainview, JES2, JCL, TSO, ISPF