- Familiar with LifeAsia SMART/400 COBOL development
- Design and develop solutions as according to user requirements by meet the agreeable timeline, quality and performance standards.
- Analyze functional and technical solution requirements and participate in functional and technical solution specifications.
- Hands on development experience in COBOL/400 Programming, SMART/400 COBOL Programming, AS/400 Control Language (CL) and able to deliver tasks independently.
- Participate in source code reviews, code merges and review of code quality.
- Coordinate and work with business users, business analysts, project managers and other stakeholders on day to day basis on SIT, UAT and Production Support, users' queries and database related issues.
- Be able to analyze logs from servers (AS/400) and troubleshoot issues.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
Location of work:
- Preferable Degree in Computer Science, Business Information System, Insurance or related field.
- At least 6-8 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong design and programming skills in COBOL/400 Programming, SMART/400 COBOL Programming, AS/400 Control Language (CL) and AS400 server side related technologies.
- Experience in SMART/400 Development tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with minimum direction and management oversight.
- Experience in Insurance domain will be added advantage.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Nov 16 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.