About the Role
As part of the SWIFT Technology Platform strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its Operations & Support Intelligence Platform (OASIS) to rationalize the tooling landscape to achieve cost saving and eliminate redundancy & inefficiency by providing monitoring, observability and data analytics capabilities for the product tribes and our internal customers.
In this context, SWIFT is looking for a Lead ELK Data Engineer to enhance the Operations & Support Intelligence Platform (OASIS) according to its roadmap. Together with the squad, working in collaborative environment, you will work in a truly international environment with main hubs across 3 continents. You will receive the necessary support from your chapter lead based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.
As a Lead ELK Data Engineer, your main focus lies in the Operations & Support Intelligence (OASIS) implementation according to the use cases. You will also drive the change to migrate these use cases from an existing custom-built application to Operations & Support Intelligence Platform (OASIS). You work hand in hand with the other engineers of your squad to provide the requested functionalities end to end.
The ideal candidate for this position must have extensive experience working, architecting, designing, and developing solutions using Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and related tools combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside SWIFT. What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- Prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks.
- Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other engineers.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior squad members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other squad members and provide guidance to more junior squad members.
- Provide timing/scheduling estimates to product owner and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience working in an (preferably) international setting.
- Proven experience in ELK stack development is a must (data ingestion, streaming, parsing, data visualization) using Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Kafka/Confluent.
- Strong affinity or experience with data-intelligence, data-science, big-data is considered as strong additional asset.
- Experience in coding and scripting experience in languages such as Java and Python would be an advantage.
- Understanding of web-browsing technologies including HTML, CSS, AngularJS and AJAX practices.
- Familiarity with SOA technologies such as micro-services, REST, SOAP.
- Experience in SQL, Relational Database (e.g. Oracle), NoSQL Databases.
- Experience with CICD development & deployment tools such as Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, and Docker.
- Exposure to various OS platforms such as Window, Linux (RHEL).
- Practical working experience in an Agile driven team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review
LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Christophe LAMBIN - Engineering Head Tooling Services, SWIFT
Pavitra RK , Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.