Job Title: Implementation Consultant About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Axxis, a leading provider of cloud-based solutions to address downstream petroleum process automation, is seeking an Implementation Consultant to drive solutions for software deployment, upgrade, customization, and integration projects. This position resides within the Professional Services group and is responsible for the delivery of software solutions to the Axxis customer base leveraging Axxis products and service offerings.
The Implementation Consultant will successfully determine client downstream petroleum process automation objectives by studying their current business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements/formats. This person should possess an in depth knowledge of the SDLC and have an established background in gathering requirements for a SaaS product company. The Implementation Consultant requires strong customer facing skills as well as some knowledge of web-based applications. Additionally, this position requires a consistently strong, deadline driven professional who can work independently and in dynamic project implementation team environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire detailed product knowledge of all Axxis software capabilities that will enable the individual to execute assigned project tasks for successful customer implementations
- Work with customers to develop best approaches to use Axxis as a means to accomplish their downstream petroleum process automation objectives
- Lead the requirements gathering sessions by following standard implementation methodologies
- Define, analyze, document, and manage requirements for successful project setup
- Clearly communicate requirements to stakeholders, facilitators, and partners
- To be a key liaison between the customer and technical teams to communicate client requirements in relation to the standard product functionality
- Assist with quality assurance/system testing activities to ensure requirements are meet
- Troubleshoot application and implementation issues by taking ownership of questions, researching application issues and providing appropriate solutions
- Provide product feedback (customer requirements, product shortcomings, enhancements, etc.) to product management and/or product development.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer or IT related field, Business or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years business analysis, software implementation and/or IT consulting experience in applying technology to meet customer needs
- 3+ years working with Software as a Service (SaaS) or enterprise software product
- Experience driving requirements sessions and documenting business needs and processes
- Ability to author project facing deliverables in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems using both functional and technical approaches
- Excellent customer facing skills are required to help manage and facilitate the development and delivery of our products
- Ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels, both orally and in writing
- Highly adaptable with evolving and multi-tasking environment
- Solid team player with a positive attitude and a record of consistently meeting commitments and assigned tasks
- Demonstrated ability to make satisfied customers a priority; polite and courteous to all and able to handle difficult customers with respect
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and subject matter experts to take ideas from concept through implementation
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Downstream petroleum industry experience
- Data analysis and business intelligence reporting
- ERP / back office software integration knowledge (JDE, SAP, Oracle)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.