IT Project Officer
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Digital Business Services is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organization with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Technology and Services team in the role of IT Project Officer. Principal Responsibilities:
The team look after Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) business and Wholesales from Channel perspective. Supporting various Paynet systems such as JOMPAY, DuitNow, Incheqs, Realtime Payment Platform (RPP) and Biometric kiosk.
The main functions of the team are to:
- Provide first line application and project support, root cause analysis and incident and problem management. 24x7 on call support for Open systems
- Manage and participate in the delivery of system changes and maintain business expectation
- Primary responsible person for all local regulatory related system implementation and meet all regulatory SLAs
- Ensure Self Service Terminal are meeting business expectation in supporting customer. Work with Global/Regional team to ensure Self Service Terminal align with Global/Regional evergreen plan.
- Ensure high system availability and continuously improved production quality
- Work closely with business users and vendors to recommend/provide robust/innovative system solutions to meet business needs within schedule and budget allocated
- Resolve problems and incidents of varying complexity to enable the operation to continue to run and deliver service effectively by eliminating recurrences with the minimum disruption to the business
- Support for all audit/MSII related issues, Application governance work and make sure from systems/applications side its compliant
- Work closely with local regulators and 3rd party vendors
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or IT related disciplines
- Technical skills on Java, Java Script, XML, HTML, Windows, Unix/Linux, Batch Scripting will be required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving skills
- Fast learner; Able to work independently and in a responsible and dependable manner;
- Proactive, self-motivated and good team player;
- Driven to ensure success of the Bank.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.