Director - Head of Location Strategy Execution
The Role Responsibilities Location Strategy and Org Model development
- Execution of the Strategic Location Portfolio for Financial Markets Operations globally
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s and Financial Markets business strategy and model appropriate to the location strategy transformation
- Review and update transformation plans in line with consultation with stakeholders ensuring the best fit model for the portfolio which includes coordination of multiple Location Strategy changes and Organisation model developments
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Understand and align location strategy with Financial market operations strategic plan
People and Talent
- Responsible for executing and supervising the location strategy transformation processes and design
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with stakeholders such as risk and control partners.
- Ensure the planning of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that the appropriate skillsets are considered and made ready for the to-be organisation design
- Review team structure/capacity plans for alignment to organisation model design.
- Identify key risks and issues based on various information and put in place appropriate controls and measures to ensure successful location strategy transformation.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Asses the effectiveness of the financial market operation’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the location strategy and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas;
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the financial markets operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Financial Market Operations group location strategy transformation to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment in defining FMO wide portfolio for Location Strategy changes and Org Model developments.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global FM and Infrastructure senior stakeholders
- Head, Financial Market Operations and Management Team
- COO Financial Markets
- Country and location heads
Our Ideal Candidate Minimum Qualifications: Required Experience:
- As required in the role to ensure effective delivery of location strategy transformation
- Ability to run multiple programmes within a broad Location Strategy portfolio
- Proven track record of managing high performing global teams and client delivery
- Experience in strategy and transformation
- Understanding of Financial Markets business and front to back operational processes
- Analytical and process improvement mindset
- Strong inter-personal skills with strong ability to manage stakeholders
- Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions