Head of Claims (Asia – Life Insurance)
- 400,000 - 500,000
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
New position! This major Life insurance company with offices throughout Asia are seeking a Head of Claims who could be based in Singapore, Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur. This is a regional position where we are looking for someone who is flexible to undertake regular travel.
- Lead the Claims teams across Asia.
- Help Claims Manages to monitor and improve efficiency of the claims process, gain understanding of different markets and the areas they can streamline claims process.
- Act as a technical go to person for problematic claims.
- Develop strategies to ensure departments can achieve their objectives.
- Monitor subordinates’ performance and workload, as well as quality.
- Help in training claims managers and assessors.
- Prepare business report of Claims department(s).
- Provide regular training and support to enhance professional knowledge and standard of subordinate and agency.
- Responsible for leading coordinating BAU system enhancement activities to meet business priorities.
- Gathering business data analysis from offices in the region, compare and gain understanding of differences and where improvements could be made.
- Work effectively and efficiently with cross-functional departments and external parties to ensure any projects are delivered on time, within budget and aligned with company strategy.
- Degree holder with recognized insurance professional qualification is preferred
- Minimum 15 years' relevant experience in claims function from Insurer, Third Party Administrator (TPA) or reinsurance company
- Strong technical knowledge in all classes of Life Insurance product claims
- Good business sense and able to implement initiatives at corporate level and handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized self-starter, with the ability to lead multiple projects to meet tight deadlines and capable to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.