- Manage and supervise the Shariah Audit section.
- Plan, execute and manage the audit activities to meet Shariah Audit section’s approved annual audit plan.
- Responsible for the execution and completion of the yearly planned audits covering compliance with Shariah principles and the Shariah rulings issued by Shariah Advisory Council and Shariah Committee.
- Undertake and ensure findings and recommendations for the rectification are accurate, specific and practical.
- Attend and brief Shariah Committee and Audit Committee on Shariah related audit matters.
- Assist in performing special audit reviews and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Liaise and work closely with internal stakeholders on Shariah Audit matters.
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree in either Islamic Banking and Finance, Fiqh Muamalat or Shariah specializing in Economics & Islamic Banking, or any equivalent degree.
- Holder of professional certification in any of the following:
- Certified Shariah Advisor and Auditor (CSAA); or
- Certified Professional Shariah Auditor (CPSA); or
- Certified Shariah Practitioner(CSP) or Certified Shariah Advisor (CSA)
- Holder of Certification for Bank Auditors (CBA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in Islamic Banking and Finance related functions in a financial institution or financial services industry, with relevant internal audit experience.
- Proficient in Islamic Banking products and services including financial and capital market instruments.
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.