At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Internship program with Professional Services. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We work together with customers and partners to execute enterprise cloud computing initiatives. We also deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, White Papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone.
As Professional Services Consultants, we have an affinity for the new and unknown, and experiment with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
In this intern role, you will gain experience for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to design and build the AWS cloud based solutions (under supervision) to enable those outcomes. You will build solutions, produce, and curate best practices technical content, and communicate the AWS advantage.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. Professional Services Consultants:
- Have an affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
- Enjoy learning about Cloud Computing by curating technical content, writing technical proposals to sell solutions and building the solutions. You will have a passion for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to curate technical content and best practices, design AWS cloud technologies (under supervision) to enable those business outcomes, communicate and sell the AWS advantage, and do hands on keyboard work to build the proposed solutions.
- Enjoy working with customers or internal AWS users of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for learning, designing, building solutions and enabling them. Be good at communicating, giving clear and concise messages to complex situation and a passion to learn on the job while doing.
• Currently in your penultimate or final year of a degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics / Technology / Related science/technical field, and will be completing this degree post-internship.
• Interest and aptitude to learn about and deliver cloud-based solutions to customers.
• Experience with one of the programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ OR the interest and technical ability to learn a programming language.
• Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies; Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
• Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3