At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced colleagues who love what they do.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge?
Come build the future with us.
AWS Next Gen Internship Program - Malaysia
AWS is looking to hire and develop the next generation of leaders for our organization. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic students who are passionate about solving business problems, innovating and building new processes, and leading high-impact initiatives. The Next Gen Internship Program allows you to gain exposure to the AWS business and our unique Amazonian culture through a rewarding learning experience.
The Solutions Architects (SA) organization is a diverse team that focuses on helping customers build infrastructures and applications at scale using AWS solutions. Our solutions architects are passionate technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
As an SA intern, you will receive AWS technical training, immerse yourself in cloud computing, develop business acumen, presentation delivery, and learn more about Amazon culture. You will work in a one on one project environment with the possibility of group projects, complete the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification, and attend professional development events.
As an intern, you will independently own a key business project that can drive business value, and tasks to support your assigned team. You will hone your leadership and presentation skills, and apply your creativity to innovate for our business. At the end of your internship, all interns will present their project learnings and proposal to a panel of AWS leaders.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, bar-raising interns will receive a full-time offer to join as an Associate Solutions Architect (which includes a twelve-month training program, known as AWS Tech U) in 2023, after completion of their degree program.
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WVKt1A8HDE)
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) and normally run for 8-12 consecutive weeks with timelines dependent on country locations. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Penultimate year student working towards a bachelor's degree
• Majoring in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related science/technical fields
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Malaysia
• Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++
• Experience with two or more of the following Networking fundamentals, Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
• Analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use Excel or other software to provide data to support analyses
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly