About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide.
As part of its Technology Platform strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its ServiceNow implementation to help team work better while eliminating redundancy and inefficiency for the product tribes and our internal customers. In this context, the company is looking for an experienced ServiceNow software engineer to enhance the ServiceNow implementation according to its roadmap.
Together with the squad, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You work hand in hand with the other developers of your squad to provide the requested functionalities end-to-end. You will receive the necessary support from your chapter lead based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.
Connect today; Let's define the roadmap of our future together by making an impact What do you want to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Analyse problems, develop, propose solutions autonomously and/or collaboratively •
- Lead the design and implementation of new product features while also enhancing the existing product suite •
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (DevOps concepts: automation and testing strategies, etc.) •
- Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing through appropriate medium such as technical documentation, guided handover, webinar, etc.
- The ideal candidate for this position has ServiceNow technical skills and domain knowledge (e.g. CMDB, ITSM, ITAM and ITOM) combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside of SWIFT.
- Minimum 8 years of IT development experience in (preferably) an international setting.
- A proven experience in ServiceNow development or equivalent (scripting, automated testing, tool configuration, design work, technical configuration and deployment).
- Familiar with Unix shell and basic Windows administration.
- Experience with CI/CD development & deployment tools (i.e. Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus and Git), SQL (i.e. Relational Database (e.g. Oracle, Postgres), NoSQL Databases (e.g. Elasticsearch)) and cloud technology providers (i.e. AWS) would be an advantage.
- A practical working experience in an Agile development (SCRUM) context.
- A passion for technology and an interest in staying up to date with the latest technology innovations.
- The ability to challenge the status quo (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions • A focus on creating or adding value.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and self-motivate.
- Effective communication skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity .
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review
LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Corentin BLANCHE , Operations Engineering Chapter Lead for Asia-Pacific
Pavitra RK , Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.