Executive BRCM - Quality Assurance
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 16 Oct 18
Executive BRCM - Quality Assurance
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Amanah Takaful (INMY) leverages the HSBC Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to offer a wide range of innovative and accessible Family Solidarity and General Takaful products to both consumers and corporate customers throughout Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Amanah Takaful team in the role of BRCM QA Executive, working together with colleagues to establish a highly qualified independent quality assurance function by implementing consistent practice and methodology to minimise risk and promote a continuous improvement culture.
Reporting to Head of Business Standards & FCC Operations, this role will be mainly involved in conducting independent quality assurance testing on the operational activities related to financial crime risk, regulatory compliance risk and operational risk.
- Perform timely Quality activities such as day-to-day Quality reviews on alerts processed by the first-level reviewers by using risk based approach.
- Update all relevant Management Information (MI) to confirm completion of reviews and errors identified.
- Ensure the Quality reviews are completed within the stipulated time frame and defined service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Escalate issues that could have a probable business impact on turnaround time to the Assistant Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Perform against the standardised Quality methodology.
- Support the usage of these standardised tools.
- Maintain high Quality standards.
- Avoid rework on the Quality review completed.
- Collaborate with Education / Process optimisation Team on communications related to process-related changes to affected stakeholders.
- Act as a process expert.
- Extend support to the Operations Team by sharing best practices amongst Quality and the Operations teams.
- Conduct effective, timely Quality hours with the Operations teams to help enable continuous improvement within the processes
- Communicate effectively with the team and other colleagues across to provide support and drive quality.
- Facilitate process efficiencies and recommend process changes through engagement with the operations.
- Close working relations maintained with colleagues and functional reports through 1:1s, team meetings, telephone calls, written reports and alerts. Ensure to provide support to Assistant Manager Quality Assurance pertaining to day to day quality assurance review.
- Review audit reports, compliance reviews etc. and controls within the operational risk database and take appropriate action to avoid any exceptions
- Ensure all controls are reviewed on a periodic basis to ensure any changes in group guidance are followed. Subsequently this needs to be updated as part of quality assurance policy.
- At least two years of working experience in banking and/or insurance industry and able to facilitate and deliver high quality assurance testing.
- Demonstrate ownership and logical approach to activities undertaken, working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders to ensure quality assurance testing is conducted effectively as per the schedule.
- Able to identify ways of improving operational activities by adding value in line with strategic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate lateral thinking; analytical thinking; and ability to put dots together and able to recommend a practical solutions for operational activities improvement.
- Ability to understand and implement Group risk management policies.
- Quick learner, ability to transfer knowledge and always practising emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple tasks by utilizing time management skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member within the departments and company as a whole.
- Proficient of MS Office