About the Role
SWIFT's Entity Controlling team is looking for a dynamic and motivated professional to support the enhancement of its financial compliance activities and strengthen risks and controls around the key accounting processes, in a dynamic and international al environment. The Entity Controlling team is responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting functions for Swift's subsidiaries globally. In line with established policies and procedures and under instructions/controls of management, the assigned tasks will be to plan, organise and control general accounting operations and to control/analyse balance sheets/profit and loss accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting records and compliance with internal procedures and accounting rules. What to expect?
What will make you successful?
- Perform financial month end close process including analytical reviews and substantiation of balances
- Ensure regular review of accounts reconciliations including follow up and closure of open items
- Perform analysis and conduct further investigates when required to validate the accounting and accuracy of the financial
- Production of legal entity financial statements in compliance with local GAAP and IFRS
- Regulatory monitoring and reporting obligation to local regulators and government agencies
- Liaise with external auditors and tax agents
- Partner with tax department on tax related matters and tax fillings
- Review, evaluate and streamline processes and control frameworks to ensure efficiency and compliance with internal governance standards, controls and policies and external regulatory requirements
- Partner with business units and various control functions in the delivery of business initiatives
- Participate in various global initiatives
- Candidates with Degree in accounting, finance or related recognised professional accountancy bodies are encouraged to apply.
- Candidate with 4-6years in audit or accounting experience. Candidates with proven credible working experience in audit firm will have an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and tax.
- Professional skepticism - identify risk and potential errors, curiosity
- Strong analytical capabilities. Ability to draw insights and action from data.
- Logical and critical thinking
- Strong data-oriented and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to collaborate with various teams globally
- Self-motivated individual, able to work in routine but also proactively seek new challenges
- Teamwork. Accomplishes results through the coordination of a team of professionals as well as working cross-functionally.
Please reach out to the following recruiter for more information:
What we offer
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.