Commodity Insights The Role:
Emissions Researcher The Location:
Kuala Lumpur The Team:
Upstream Solutions from S&P Global Commodity Insights comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition insight, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels. The Impact:
The Emissions Researcher functions as a key member of S&P Global's agile and expanding Vantage Asset Valuation team. This role will enable you to contribute significantly to the firm's expert research and analysis of global upstream emissions and meet the demanding requirements of a wide-ranging customer base in the upstream and ESG space. What's in it for you:
By working alongside an exciting global team of experienced researchers, engineers, and economists, you will become a subject matter expert on upstream greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge around the wider upstream industry as it, and S&P Global, adapts and evolves with the energy transition. You will be at the cutting edge of knowledge for the upstream energy transition, putting you in a position to affect change, drive exciting new projects and become a key contact for GHG emissions in your region, for both internal and external customers. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Contribute to the research, development, and population of a world leading emissions model for onshore and offshore oil and gas assets globally.
- Provide research and engineering judgement to help build and maintain S&P Global's comprehensive database of emissions related data for all upstream oil and gas assets and the various sources of GHGs.
- Work in close co-operation with colleagues and product management teams to help define what type of results and analysis customers want to see. Contribute to the continual development of the Vantage product and its relevant emissions functionality.
- Support an exacting customer base by responding to questions of various complexity in assigned geographical regions and by providing deep subject matter expertise, timely insight, and good judgement.
- Continuously develop expertise in a particular/designated practice or focus area and expand knowledge into related fields. Stay abreast of current/hot topics and contribute to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- At least a bachelor's degree in an industry related scientific, numerical or engineering discipline.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of upstream oil and gas emissions, emissions estimation and/or emissions related work.
- Detailed understanding of the energy transition landscape, with a particular focus on the evolution of technology, carbon abatement options and fiscal legislation.
- A good understanding of discounted cashflow modelling and the key inputs required for oil and gas asset valuation.
- Engineering experience, in particular relating to oil and gas facilities and their relevant emissions would be advantageous.
- Highly numerical and analytical with expert level proficiency in Excel and VBA coding. Experience of data science techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience in a similar role and with an oil and gas operator, consulting, advisory or financial institution.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.