Digital Software Development Consultant
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
Digital Software Development Consultant
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by four practices - Digital Architecture, Industry X.0, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Digital Architecture practice, you'll help clients deepen connections with consumers, employees, businesses and machines. Of the major digital technologies, mobility has risen to the top in terms of importance to organizations. Most surveyed now consider mobility among their top five priorities.
Your central role in the digital ecosystem enables you to help clients manage the demands of fast-moving environments. With your knowledge of innovative on-the-go solutions, you'll help them become digital leaders by creating strategic, cross-company approaches that increase productivity, enhance collaboration and drive more transactions through innovative services and business models.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Digital, but that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Act as API and microservices SME
- Help to develop/lead proposals and respond to RFP/Statement of Compliance, including performing effort estimates as an API Subject Matter Expert during bid stage
- Develop (hands-on) demos and proof-of-concept solutions using API Management platforms and various microservice stacks
- Deliver value to clients through various Digital architectures (e.g cloud-first, microservices, API-centric)
- Play the role of a Team Lead in Delivery projects to design, build, test and deploy APIs and microservices
- Play a core role in designing the Digital architecture for new or existing clients to ensure future-proofing
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Digital Architecture, cloud native or digital development work
- Preferably with at least 2 years of experience with an API management software like Apigee, CA Layer 7, MuleSoft or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and API security
- Preferably 2 years of experience in Digital Cloud Native Architecture (Serverless, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Preferably 1 year of working with Automation tools (Selenium, Jmeter, fastlane etc.) and infrastructure as code type of services (Cloudfromation, terraform etc.)
- Relevant Degree or Masters holder
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- A strong sense of business acumen with solid technical foundation
- Technically strong and think 'digital'
- Experience with developing mobile apps, connected devices or M2M technologies
- Strong in modern Digital architectures such as cloud-first or server-less
- Strong understanding in API and Developer Economy
- Strong in API design and best practices
- Knowledge of emerging technologies/platforms in Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Social with a strong self-initiative to keep up with Digital trends
- Strong presenter in delivering differentiated value through proposals and business development
- Experience in working in Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Subject Matter Experts in at least one of these domains: SOA, API-first architecture, API Security, Open Source, Lean UX design, Mobility Security, Analytics, Agile, DevOps, Containerisation, Big Data and IoT
- Willing to travel
- Entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Our Digital practice serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Accenture offers our employees a "Total Rewards" package, which includes compensation and a range of market-relevant benefits and professional growth opportunities that recognize individual contributions and performance. We also offer a number of programs that help our employees balance a successful career with a healthy lifestyle involving family, friends and community