Digital API Architect
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
Digital API Architect
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices -Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Mobility practice, you'll help clients deepen connections with consumers, employees, businesses and machines. Of the major digital technologies, mobility has risen to the top in terms of importance to organizations. Most surveyed now consider mobility among their top five priorities.
Your central role in the digital ecosystem enables you to help clients manage the demands of fast-moving environments. With your knowledge of innovative on-the-go solutions, you'll help them become digital leaders by creating strategic, cross-company approaches that increase productivity, enhance collaboration and drive more transactions through innovative services and business models.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Digital, but that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Act as API domain SME
- Help clients to identify, assess and solve complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Interact with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Identify and qualify potential new clients, creating new business pipelines for the team
- Drive opportunities through value-based consulting - leads digital workshops and consulting engagements with clients
- Lead API-centric solution design in response to RFP or during opportunity pursuit.
- Deliver value to clients through various Digital architectures (e.g cloud-first, microservices, API-centric)
- Follow closely digital and mobility landscape and identify technology trends and potential vendors/products to ingest into solutions
- Develop joint offerings with Alliance and product vendors
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Manage teams of different sizes (from small team to very large team) and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role)
- Manage project scoping and resource planning for new client engagements or deals
- Play the API Subject Matter Expert role to lead API Strategy and Governance consulting engagements
- Play the API Platform Architect or Subject Matter Expert role during project establishment and works with other team members to ensure successful delivery of client work
- Lead in designing the Digital architecture for new or existing clients to ensure future-proofing with other team members and Subject Matter Experts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Digital solution architectures
- Preferably with at least 4 years of experience with an API management software like Apigee, CA Layer 7, MuleSoft or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and API security
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SOA design and implementation and system integration using SOA
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Digital solution architectures (cloud, hybrid)
- Minimum of 2 years in working with Automation tools (Selenium, Jmeter, fastlane etc.) and infrastructure as code type of services (Cloudfromation, terraform etc.)
- Functional domain expertise in one or more of the following industries: Telco, Banking, Media, Retail, Healthcare, Resources or Government
- Relevant Degree or Master holder
- A strong sense of business acumen with solid technical foundation
- Entrepreneur mindset - always see things in multiple angles, constantly challenge the norm and constantly looking for better solutions to problems.
- Technically strong and think 'digital'
- Experience with large-scale complex system integration implementations
- Experience with developing mobile apps, connected devices or M2M technologies
- Strong in modern Digital architectures such as cloud-first or server-less
- Strong understanding in API and Developer Economy
- Strong in API design and best practices
- Strong in Platform and Architecture technical skills such as SOA, API-centric/microservices and serverless
- Knowledge of emerging technologies/platforms in Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Social with a strong self-initiative to keep up with Digital trends
- Strong presenter in delivering differentiated value through proposals and business development
- Experience in working with AWS, GCP, Heroku or equivalent
- Experience in working in Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Subject Matter Experts in one or more of these domains: SOA, API-first architecture, API Security, Open Source, Lean UX design, Mobility Security, Analytics, Agile, DevOps, Containerisation, Big Data and IoT
- Willing to travel
- Functional domain knowledge in one or more of the following industries would be a plus: Telco, Banking, Media, Retail, Healthcare, Resources or Government
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Our Digital practice serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology.