About the Role
SWIFT is at the core of the financial services industry transformation and we believe our people make the difference.
We have a powerful BI product portfolio that helps the financial institutions discover new insights into their SWIFT traffic and market trends, and provide a platform for dynamic data analysis to pinpoint the issues and inform decision-making.
Come join us if you are passionate about data and would like to make an impact in the analytics world. What to expect
What will make you successful?
- Develops, test and implements complex ETL and database designs.
- Implement complex business logic through Oracle database views.
- Design and implementation of new database schemas for the SWIFT BI product portfolio.
- Query Optimization and tuning of existing oracle database schemas as well as database views.
- Build CI/ CD pipelines and facilitate the automation of build creation, unit testing and deployment
- Participate in Proof of Concept (feasibility studies) of new functionality of SWIFT's BI products.
- Support large enterprise initiatives and help resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure.
- Engaging and working with stakeholders to establish proper data framework and platform in an Agile-working environment.
- Proven experience in Data Engineering and Software Development Practices
- Solid programming/coding experience in Java Development
- Solid understanding of Data Engineering & ETL Development
- Experience working in an Agile development (scrum) context, with hands-on experience on Agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, ...) and CICD development & deployment tools (Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, ...)
- Good experience in architectural design, storage and resiliency concepts
- Having experience in Data API and solid understanding of distributed system.
- Strong understanding of advanced security concepts and implementation (SSL, PKI, LIT, OWASP, encryption, masking)
- Any experience with Big Data stack is a strong advantage (Apache NiFi, Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Cloudian, Presto/Trino, Argo)
- Experience with Virtualisation concepts and orchestration technologies (Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, ...)
- Good experience in SQL, with some RDBMS and/or NoSQL knowledge (OracleDB, GraphDB, CassDB)
- Experience with AWS is a plus (Amazon Kinesis, MSK, Redshift, Google Bigquery, S3)
- Experience with scripting language, primarily Unix Shell, Perl, Python, PLSQL
What we offer
- Minimum 5 years' of experience with extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL development
- Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience working with Oracle 11g, 12c or 19c with some exposure to database administrative (pertaining to optimisation, performance tuning and granular access control)
- Deep understanding of DevOps tools and Agile methods
- Experience in Jenkins, Git and Ansible
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Good understanding of BI/ data warehousing concepts and ability to articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- University bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, with excellent English, both written and spoken
- Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the development of solutions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery.
- Well-structured, rigorous and organized, able to prioritize and focus on the most important issues at hand and capable of thriving in a fast paced, goals and deadlines driven environment
- Passionate about change & improvement, with constant challenge of the status quo, having demonstrated aptitudes for learning new technologies quickly
- Excellent customer-centric team player and team builder with strong interpersonal skills, willing to work in a multicultural environment and able to lead, coach and groom other team members.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.