Dev/Systems Engineer (Java)
About the Role About the Role
As a Java developer, your main focus lies in the Java application development. You work hand in hand with the other developers of your team to provide the requested functionalities end to end. As a driving force of technological change, we operate in a true agile way. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your reach in terms of knowledge, network and build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform. Key Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Quality is part of everything you do
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Design and implement integration and automated tests
- Assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- Prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks
- Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
- Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in KL.
- Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of IT development experience in a (preferably) international setting.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Java development experience: Core and Web Java, Spring Framework, Jersey, JPA, Junit, Tomcat, Eclipse
- Collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
- Build the design system code in Angular 2 and above
- Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, Ajax, JSON, RESTFul web-services
- Strong application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
What we offer
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Quality oriented
- Engaged and team oriented
- Open communication
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.