About the Role
In line with team objectives, policies and procedures and under guidance of a more senior team member, to design, develop specifications, code, install, test and maintain high quality application software and associated tools.
The Alliance Cloud cluster is looking for highly skilled and motivated Developer/System Engineer
to join the Network Interface Controller squad.
You will be part of a dynamic team of professionals using up-to-date technologies and applying agile software developments practices. Under guidance of a senior role, you will participate in building and/or evolving software components of medium to high complexity from end to end. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development approach and will actively contribute to delivering highest quality software. What to expect?
What will make you successful?
- You will design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- You will assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- You will prepare specifications, codes, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, and etc.
- You will prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- You will analyze the problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- You will provide technical assistance to other SWIFT colleagues and provide guidance to more junior team members in their daily work.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations to customers on systems.
- You will provide timing/scheduling estimates to project lead and propose corrective actions to timelines when necessary.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 to 5 years of working experience in systems development
- Have strong and solid experience in Java programming language
- Quality-oriented: you know that delivering production-ready software takes more than committing code.
- Agile Mindset: You like to learn and continuously improve the way we work
- Appetite for the business: you like technology and you love to use it to create solutions to help your customers.
- Team-oriented: you take pride from team achievements and are ready to support and be supported by your team-mates.
- Very good communication skills, including remote meeting setups.
- Curious, eager to learn and to educate others.
Technical Skills requirement:
- Java: Excellent
- JUnit Testing: Good
- Microservice: Basic Understanding
- Kafka/REST API: Basic Understanding
- JPA/SQL: Good
- Docker/CICD/DevOps: Good
- Test automation: Good
- Unix/Linux: Intermediate
- English: Excellent
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Rachelle Woo - Engineering Chapter Lead
- Heu Bor Huey - Lead Developer
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the role.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.