Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC Technology and Services is a pivotal part of the Group, responsible for seamlessly integrating technology platforms and operations with the aim of redefining customer experience and driving down the unit cost of production. Providing solutions that connect people, devices and networks across the globe, the function combines domain expertise, process skills and technology to deliver unparalleled business value, quickly addressing market changes and facilitating the development of profitable customer relationships to keep HSBC ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking for an ambitious individual to join us in the role of Data Architect. Principal Responsibilities:
- Promote and communicate data architecture according to Group Data Architecture defined strategy and standards to market.
- Reflect common gaps and limitations to Group Data Architecture team on implementation of defined strategy and standards to market for future enhancement.
- Provided consultation for market projects on the alignment on group defined reference architecture, framework and data controls in the solution design and provide recommendation on material decision making on major architectural activities.
- Support for the identification, management and remediation of material design issues associated with major architectural activities.
- Introduce, setting up and provide sharing to market of company or group practices, processes, governance, techniques, products, services, technologies where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies.
- Coordination within ASP or group level on data architecture respective areas for cross GB/GF solution and maximize the synergy on the technology and resource for the company.
- Act as the recognized technical expert associated with the relevant regional domain.
- Provide consultation from group and ASP perspective in design authority for technology decisions and leadership of the appropriate governance bodies.
- Supporting the communications, training, and adoption of Global Data Reference Architecture guidelines at market level
- Review services provided against group and regional strategy and benchmark internally or externally as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits and impacts.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, provide full life cycle architectural guidance to development teams and ensure quality technical deliverables
- Experienced on design, implementation and support on Enterprise Data Warehouse / Enterprise Data Platform / Big Data Platform solution including ETL development, analytics / data mining / AI / machine learning technical development.
- Experienced on using different tools and technology on above development.
- Knowledge on Big Data / Business Intelligence / Data Privacy / Data Governance / Data Linage / Data Modelling / Master & Metadata Management is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Financial Services industry including industry trends, competitive pressures, product and service offerings and organizational operating models.
- Experience of working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed organization including matrix management structure and across time zones.
- An influential thought leader with extensive experience of working within a data function that actively defines strategy and functionality to be implemented on both new and existing systems or components.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the power and value of data with an ability to apply technology solutions to meet business needs and deliver organizational strategy.
- Strong relationship management capabilities with an ability to engage, influence and collaborate with stakeholders across organizational boundaries enabling the delivery of high standard outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in line with HSBC standards including acting with integrity and ethically.
- Embracing Change and Innovation, a track record of delivering change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways.
- Achieving Excellence, Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- Leading Self and Others, Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver.
- Communicating and Influencing, Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
- Building Trusting Relationships, built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively.
- Making the Right Business Decisions, a track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.