About the Role
A member of the squad who is responsible for delivering business value from data. They achieve this by analysing data, presenting data insights and reports with business application, developing data led improvements to products, translating business needs and requirements into predictive analysis, functionalities and software specifications, driving true value to our customers; bridging the gaps between business, data and delivery teams.
The team is hiring a Data Analyst to support product development/management and delivery of the Business Intelligence portfolio worldwide.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a university degree, strong analytical skills and knowledge of SQL and Tableau. If you are ready to be part of a dynamic team and enjoy working with complex data sets while respecting fixed deadlines, as well as high standards of quality, you are the person we want to hire! What to Expect
What will make you successful
- Ensuring data driven improvement. You possess an excellent understanding of the business and/or market combined with the technical understanding of the data models supporting current products/services that allows you to proactively facilitate the conversation between stakeholders on how to improve products and solutions creatively using data and then to deliver it. You research domain knowledge and learn techniques to improve the business relevance of your work.
- Collects interprets and analyses external & internal information, assessing the relevance for the business and identifying opportunities, risks and problems within the business solution.
- Prepare reports and presentations on results of research and/or analysis identified. Present results to squads and wider as appropriate. To document the outcome of analysis and/or research.
- Based on analysis and research, prepare recommendations for further investigation or translate results into proposals/recommendations for action to develop of new functionality/changes to product or new products and services.
- Analyses specified problems and issues to find the best solutions.
- Designs, understands and contributes to the testing of products/services using test cases/sets of regression tests to assess against defined features, functionality, and/or impact. Analyses output to describe behaviour of a product to provide assurance of the behaviour and highlight gaps with ideal behaviour, recommending data driven actions for increasing the solution value.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients and other relevant stakeholders to understand needs and requirements and makes sure they are consulted and informed when needed.
- Produces reports and further information to enhance the 'explain-ability' of the product behaviour.
- Keeps abreast of new developments regarding their area of expertise and market trends, shares it to all relevant stakeholders through documentation. Examines technology trends, discusses and recommends technical developments to improve products.
- Supports users on deployed/live systems.
- Shares gained knowledge amongst team members, bridging gaps between customer-facing and technical roles.
- Actively research and understand the Business Intelligence needs of SWIFT clients to enhance and develop interactive Tableau dashboards using SWIFT data.
- Prepare and test dashboards and ETL layers ready for customer deployments.
- Manage and maintain a repository of Tableau dashboards.
- Collaborate with BI analysts to optimise Tableau dashboards/data extracts and improve data structures to enhance end user experience.
- Document and communicate specifications to ensure that proper and optimised techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Develop your own in-depth knowledge of the internal data-warehouse and be able to properly extract information from the various Business Intelligence tools.
- Build complex queries to match specific business requirements. Analyse the data extracts to validate quality and relevance.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Follow market trends, and understand how they are reflected through SWIFT data and their impact for SWIFT and SWIFT customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other Quantitative disciplines.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Familiar with data visualization stack: Tableau, Microstrategy, ggplot2, D3, matplotlib, Seaborn
- Hands-on experience developing dashboards in Tableau is desirable.
- Experience with SQL programming is desirable.
- Can demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Interest in data analytics and a desire to build related technical skills.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel and PowerPoint).
- SWIFT portfolio insights and experience in the Financial Services sector is a plus.
- Experience collecting, analysing, and visualising information.
- Possesses a high attention to detail, and has excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic role with frequent ad-hoc Business Intelligence reporting requests
- Team player with personal drive.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in data analytic/science
- Applicable research experience
- Comfortable with vast datasets and ability to reveal insights from data fast
- Experience in Agile methodology
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Shruti Tiwari - Chapter Lead - Data & Analytics (Hiring Manager)
- Liew Jin Hooi - Team Member
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.