About the Role
SWIFT is seeking a Customer Engineer to be part of the team focus on resolving administrative, technical and/or business related queries related to SWIFT's product/service portfolio. The team works in both proactive (preventive) and reactive way (escalated) engaging with internal/external customers and/or vendors. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Resolve and report on customer/vendor queries and problems of medium to large complexity. Troubleshoot and quickly diagnose less complex problems in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)/key performance indicators and propose measures to prevent recurrence. Draft customer incident/problem reports and handle customer complaints under guidance of more senior staff/manager.
- Provide support on Order-to-Cash (OTC) queries. Work with the customer/vendor/partners to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining ownership of a case, by resolving it individually or escalating it - in accordance with the SLA.
- Continuous Improvement. Contribute in continuously improving the working environment, participate in problem solving and deep dive sessions and propose/implement necessary changes. Analyze root causes of problems, generate Knowledge Base tips and participate during specifications definition to increase support capability, usability of products and decrease product complexity.
- Under the guidance of a coach, produce and control the quality of both internal and external training material, problem management procedures and on-line documented solutions.
- Maintain client relationships from an operational and technical perspective by establishing close working relationships with key contacts in the client's organization, the SWIFT service manager and the SWIFT account manager.
- Participate in service improvement projects within own area by executing parts of projects. May at some point manage small projects.
- Takes accountability for delivering results. Makes choices and decisions based on established practices and precedents; delivers results by overcoming a range of obstacles and issues and where timing may be critical.
- Demonstrates Operational Excellence. Delivers work to agreed specifications of timeliness and quality; seeks to improve ways of doing things; sets and meets high standards for own work; demonstrates commitment to security policy.
- Expands own specialist knowledge and skills by taking ownership of own development; encourages colleagues to bring forward and share new ideas and alternative solutions; demonstrates openness to utilise new approaches.
- Business Understanding and Commercial Sense. Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business; uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions; adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organisation while upholding standards.
- Builds and reinforces customer relationships. Strengthens relationships by taking every opportunity to listen and respond to customers and adapt solutions to meet their needs; demonstrates and encourages customer focus in all relationships and activities.
- Leads with a team focus. Initiates effective co-operation and team working with others; provides support to new team members; appreciates style and background differences; demonstrates commitment to SWIFT values.
- Communicates effectively across a range of practical and operational issues; adjusts personal communication style to fit intended audience; listens to and respects other people's points of view.
- Ability to work on rotational shift, covering EMEA and US timezones
- Having experience in customer-facing role/strong customer mindset would be an added advantage
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Jesslyn Yim - Manager, OTC Global Support Delivery (Hiring Manager)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.