About the Role
You will provide support to SWIFT product and services within the area of expertise of your team in this position the \"Cloud\" team: the SWIFT Secured Network used for international transactions, SWIFT Messaging services, SWIFT Software suite, and the many services and solutions we offer to our community.
As SWIFT supports a wealth of products and services, we use Intelligent Swarming for employees to maintain end-to-end expertise. We operate in a KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) fashion: Sharing your solutions with customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and customer-centric communicator to join the team as a Technical Customer Engineer. In this role, you will be working with our clients to ensure a high level of service is provided.
You will be making an impact with the company from the ground up, as you deliver on important problem resolution and stakeholder management via several support channels end-to-end till resolution.
This job brings you to the heart of the SWIFT Financial community: FinTech companies, Banks, and Corporates across the globe. In this role, you assist our customers around the world to solve their SWIFT operational challenges on a daily basis and you work with colleagues from different locations and cultures.
As Technical Customer Engineer, you must be technically perceptive and willing to acquire in depth understanding of the entire SWIFT product suite used by our customers: Sharing your knowledge and expertise with both customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job, that's why our ideal candidate is a team-player and has excellent communication skills. We work with an AGILE mindset where change is part of our daily life, so we expect you to adapt fast and be a promoter of continuous improvement in our services and products. You must also be able to think swiftly and analytically in case of crisis and incidents, inspiring confidence to our customers and peer-colleagues. What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Analyse, report on customer situations and provide support in order to resolve inquiries and technical problems.
- Investigate together with internal parties, to establish the root cause of problems reported and provide end-to-end service support, by retaining ownership of your cases.
- Work with customer to establish the root cause of problems, retaining ownership of a case through resolving it individually or escalating.
- Participate in continuously improving sessions to enhance working environment, participate in problem solving and deep dive sessions and propose/implement necessary changes.
- Generate KCS articles and participate during specifications definition to increase supportability, usability of products and decrease product complexity.
- Provide support to wider divisions within the company by providing product presentations and demos.
- Update and control the quality of internal training material, problem management procedures and on-line documented solutions.
- Participate in service and products improvement projects and drive project deliverables
- Establish relationships with assigned customers to understand their IT environment and SWIFT setup.
- Degree in any IT discipline or Engineering with IT as major or equivalent.
- To work in 24-hour shift rotation (Weekday & Weekend).
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English written and spoken.
- Team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong drive to solve problems - you will enjoy 'rolling up your sleeves' and getting involved.
- A desire to learn and progress through our extensive product range and service offering.
- Be self-aware, flexible and open-minded.
- Having customer-service mind-set.
- In Financial Services and Banking systems within an operations and/or support environment is an asset.
- In Cloud and Connectivity solutions is an asset.
- Technical knowledge in various Operating Systems (Windows, Unix or Linux) adds advantage.
- Sound knowledge in Networking technologies (TCP/IP (such as NAT, routing), Routers, VPN and Firewalls).
- Ability to work independently and stress resistant due to business criticality and time constrain.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to support mission critical applications and service.
- Technical certifications or proven skills in any of the following fields:
- Familiarity with SWIFT Interfaces, Products and Services will be an asset (SWIFTNet, Alliance portfolio and platform, SWIFT's messaging solutions) - as you are expected to develop knowledge.
- SWIFT Products - Alliance Access, Gateway, Lite2 is a plus point.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team:
Timothy Tegjeu, Associate Manager Technical Services & Sup (Hiring Manager)
Pavitra RK , Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.