Corporate & Investment Banking, Location Control Manager, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
The Control Management's primary function is to develop an effective Firmwide control framework, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues with a sense of urgency. The Team will partner with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others. The Team will work in partnership on the development of new, and oversight of existing, control functions and protocols throughout the Firm and will provide a centralized view of and from all control functions, assisting in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner, and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm. While ultimate responsibility for the effectiveness of the control environment rests with the LOB CEO's and the Corporate Function Heads, the Control Management Team will partner closely with the Audit and Risk Committees, the Operating Committee, and the Board of Directors of JP Morgan Chase, and all Lines of Business, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Technology as well as other groups within the Firm. Role Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for leadership and oversight of the controls agenda covering the location and work closely with the Business Control Managers in proactively identifying, anticipating, escalating and remediating control issues. The candidate will report to and support the APAC Location Oversight Head in execution of the following responsibilities:
• Presenting a holistic, aggregated view of all aspects of controls over operational risk across locations, rolling up emerging control issues to governance and overseeing remediation
• Ensuring issues are promptly escalated and addressed through appropriate governance and that remedial actions are fully embedded
• Providing a bridge across lines of business, corporate functions, risk, compliance and audit to form an end to end view on controls, identifying and assessing potential systemic control gaps and/or emerging risks
• Diagnosing and benchmark capabilities and good control practices and ensuring exporting of these practices across LOBs/functions
• Assessing and monitor the effectiveness of controls and promoting continuous improvement in control design and execution
• Evaluating data and trends to identify improvement opportunities and associated issues and risks. Qualifications:
• 4-10 years of experience in controls, operational risk, internal audit and/or other control related functions within the banking sector.
• Prior experience in previous roles may include but not limited to Front/Middle/Back Office, Operations, Compliance, Audit and Risk covering Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Transaction Services, Private Banking, Investment Management.
• Strong background in, and familiarity with, the LOB's core businesses or corporate functions would be helpful
• Can clearly articulate the processes supporting a business unit's function, controls, business priorities, impact on financial reporting, issues and risks associated with operational and IT infrastructure; can identify gaps and proactively help develop solutions.
• Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes.
• Well-versed in reviewing the dimensions of franchise risk.
• Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly.
• Maintains excellent working relationships with Regulators and Internal Audit and Control Partners
• Understands operational risk policy requirements and risk assessment methodology.
• Provides leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as the resolution of cross business issues.
• Proactively engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks and can prioritized high impact potential problems effectively.
• Innovative. Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes.
• Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
• Had led and/or successfully influenced cross-functional and/or geographically diverse initiatives
• Acts decisively in high risk scenarios, assessing a situation based on available date, experience, intuition, and judgment. Makes well-reasoned decisions under pressure.
• Experienced negotiator - able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization; diffuse conflict and work toward agreement.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience.
• BA required; MBA and or CPA preferred