Senior Consultants in the Industry Services Consulting group work on projects spanning a variety of industries.
Primary tasks include managing projects and project team members, driving and creating the analysis around economic issues and forecasting trends in various sectors of the economy including manufacturing, consumer/retail, construction, energy, government, transportation, IT/telecom, finance and tourism.
This position requires the ability to work on a team and contribute significantly to the analyses undertaken. You will also serve as one of the links between the company and our clients. The position is within a consulting team that focuses on evaluating and measuring trends in key market segments, analyzing forces of change, understand consumer and business behavior and choice, and identifying risk and success factors to enable clients to maximize return on sales and marketing investments. Senior consultants help to develop models from time series and survey data, produce credible and accurate forecasts for specific product lines or business units, provide global and regional analysis, and develop market segmentation estimates. This consulting team also specializes in global scenario analysis for our clients. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attention to detail, good problem-solving and statistical skills, thorough understanding of economic principles, and ability to apply these principles to analyzing and solving problems
- Excellent oral communication, writing skills, and ability to deliver 'client ready' presentations
- Experience with econometrics, statistics or data science
- Experience with statistical packages such as R or EVIEWS is highly desirable
- Computer programming experience or background is a plus
- Familiarity with MS Office applications plus a strong interest in applied economic research and analytics are essential
- Knowledge of relational databases and database management is desirable
- Highly motivated, energetic and outgoing with a natural desire to accept challenging and diverse assignments
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Minimum requirement of Masters in economics/econometrics, PhD can substitute for experience. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.