The Consulting Analysts role is to support development of fact-based, defensible and accurate analysis and reports for our clients spanning across a variety of industries. Primary tasks include analyzing data, support building economic models, and review economic issues and outlook trends in various sectors of the economy including the macroeconomic.
This position requires the ability to work on a team and contribute significantly to the analyses undertaken. The open analyst position is within the Economics and Country Risk Consulting team that focuses on evaluating and measuring trends in key market segments, analyzing forces of change, understand consumer and business behavior and choice, and identifying risk and success factors to enable clients to maximize return on sales and marketing investments. Analysts help to develop models from time series and survey data, produce credible and accurate forecasts for specific product lines or business units, provide global and regional analysis, and develop market segmentation estimates. The Consulting Analyst will get involved in other research including country risk analysis, scenario analysis. Roles and Responsibilities'
- Attention to detail, good problem-solving and statistical skills, thorough understanding of economic principles, and ability to apply these principles to analyzing and solving problems.
- Excellent oral communication, writing skills, and ability to prepare 'client ready' presentations
- Computer programming experience or background is a plus
- Strong interest in applied economic research and analytics are essential
- Knowledge of relational databases and database management is desirable
- Experience with econometrics, statistics or data science a plus
- Highly motivated, energetic and outgoing with a natural desire to accept challenging and diverse assignments
- Minimum requirement of BA/BS in economics, master's degree in economics is a plus.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, knowledge of using statistical software (Eviews, R, Python are desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Personable interface for internal/external clients
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.