We are hiring Compliance Assistant! Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed. What the day will look like
As a member of the Asia Regional Legal and Compliance department, the incumbent will be supporting the compliance needs of Aon's business in Malaysia. The incumbent will work closely with the Compliance Officer of Malaysia to help the business manage legal and compliance risks in a practical and business-focused manner.
Key tasks will include:
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Assisting the Compliance Officer of Malaysia in drafting and revising rules/processes for implementation of Aon Compliance Policies and local regulatory requirements;
- Preforming daily due diligence, such as sanction and anti-money laundering checking on clients, new hires and third parties;
- Supporting business projects that require compliance input;
- Conduct research and analysis to support the Compliance Officer of Malaysia in advising on local regulations, preparing and filing notifications/approvals with regulators, and other regulatory work as required;
- Advising the business on the application of Aon's local, regional and global compliance policies and procedures to business proposals and transactions;
- Preparation and delivery of training on compliance topics, and reminding colleagues to complete online compliance trainings;
- Supporting the Compliance Officer of Malaysia in compliance assurance reviews and investigations from time to time; and
- Attending to any legal & compliance administrative matters and records maintenance (including for personal data processing activities).
How we support our colleagues
- 3+ years legal/compliance/internal audit experience
- Ability to support and manage compliance projects and work independently
- Experience within the insurance/financial services industry preferred.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a local and regional legal compliance team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, and take the initiative where necessary.
- Conscientious and good attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills will be advantageous.
- Keen interest in compliance work and willing to learn.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Melayu (verbal and written).
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued. #LI-HYBRID