About the Role
In this context, SWIFT is looking for a Chapter Lead Business Analysis. As Chapter Lead, you can build, support, and grow a team of top-notch business analysts. You will be responsible for the staffing of your chapter, coaching of your squad members and supporting the growth and personal development of each individual. In addition, you will organize the resource allocation of chapter members for the tribe clusters and squads. As part of the agile design, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member in the Watch Core squad and contribute to the success of the squad, in context of the wider tribe and company strategy. Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Chapter lead is a full-time member of a squad, who commits to spend 50% of their time to lead the members of their chapter in craftsmanship development, such as steering on the 'how' and on the standards a member uses in their job and general skill development. In the agile context, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member as a business analyst to contribute to the success of the Watch Core squad, in context of the wider tribe and company strategy like Securities and Trade Finance initiatives. What to expect?
Responsibilities as Chapter Lead
- Select and recruit business analysts to meet project/squad demands and to have qualified, competent, and motivated chapter members
- Work with the Product Owners and tribe leadership to organise the chapter member assignment in squads
- Coach chapter members on best practices
- Ensure transversal consistency of knowledge, create a culture of excellence and continuous learning, and ensure professional growth of chapter members
- Set up knowledge sharing between chapter members and participate in cross-tribe knowledge sharing
- Maintain deep understanding of market trends, business analysis, leadership skills through ongoing education, conference attendance and industry press
- Build a network within and outside the chapter, maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders and make sure they are consulted and informed when needed
- Ensure chapter members understand the relevant policies and standards to apply in their domain
- Set annual objectives and conduct mid-year reviews and year-end performance appraisals of chapter members
- Orchestrate the feedback collection from Product Owner, Agile Coach, and other stakeholders to assess development needs and agree on skills development goals for chapter members
Responsibilities as Business Analyst
What will make you successful?
- Define, analyze, and evaluate detailed functional requirements by working in close liaison with customers and other stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with your marketing peer to analyze the business requirements and translate them into detailed requirements taking the data & system architecture, design and implementation roadmap into account. A thorough understanding of the high-level data model, implementation, data collection tools and data distribution systems will be key, as well as checking feasibility with the lead developers.
- Clearly and unambiguously document the requirement specifications, data models, data definitions, user stories, use cases, data flows, boundary conditions, exceptions, test and acceptance criteria, etc...
- Convey the information to the rest of the team through presentations or document walkthroughs
- Understand technological trends in own area of responsibility and apply this knowledge to bring solutions to the customers
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology
- Design and conduct training sessions on systems solutions
- Support business users on deployed/live systems
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Analyst, preferably in a data, analytical or financial sector
- University degree or equivalent / Master degree is an asset
- Good experience in structured software and/or data engineering techniques (e.g. UML, use case modelling, user stories writing, data modelling, data normalisation, state transition diagrams, regular expressions, ...) and knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) is preferred
Professional Skills Requirements
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, with excellent English, both written and spoken
- Proven track record in managing stakeholders and keeping customer satisfaction at an all-time high
- Passionate, self-starter, with personal drive and ambition
- Team player with good discipline, organized way of working and ability to work autonomously, remotely from some colleagues yet in a very collaborative and Agile context
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring people
- Passionate about people management and people development
- Ability and desire to succeed in a diverse, multi-cultural environment, across varied geographies and teams
- You lead by example, are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You achieve results by empowering and giving people responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Bart Claeys - Head of Data & Analytics Products Strategy (Hiring Manager)
- Polly Ip - Recruiter for the position
- Victor Ooi - Assistant Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.