About the Role
As Chapter Lead, you have the opportunity to build and maintain a team of great software engineers in the Data & Analytics Tribe.
You will be responsible for the staffing of your chapter, act as a coach, building and developing your chapter members, understanding and identifying their development needs as well as organizing the resource allocation of chapter members to squads and orchestrate the performance of the chapter.
As part of the engineering leadership, you will own and drive transversal initiatives to evolve and standardise engineering best practices across the tribe.
In the agile context, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member to contribute to the success of a squad as well as to retain and grow your people manager as well as technical expertise. What to expect:
As a Chapter Lead, you are responsible to hire, coach, and motivate team members of your chapter in order to build a group of talented software engineers that can deliver value in their squads. This activity is expected to take up to 50% of your time and includes:
- Select and recruit squad members with skills to meet projected demand and to have qualified, competent and motivated chapter members.
- Work with the Product Owners and the Engineering Lead to organize the chapter member assignment in squads.
- Coach chapter members on best practices and software design patterns to use in their respective products.
- Ensure transversal consistency of knowledge, create a culture of excellence and continuous learning and ensures professional growth of members
- Set up knowledge sharing between chapter members and participate in cross-tribe knowledge sharing.
- Drive and leave transversal initiatives to standardize engineering best practices
- Maintain deep understanding of current technology, database management, programming practices, and future trends through ongoing education, conference attendance and industry press.
- Build a network within and outside the Chapter, maintains relationships with all relevant stakeholders and makes sure they are consulted and informed when needed.
- Ensure chapter members understand the relevant IT policies and standards to apply in their domain
- Set annual objectives and conduct mid-year review and year-end performance appraisal of chapter members
- Orchestrate the feedback collection from Product Owner, Agile Coach, and stakeholders to assess development needs and agree on skills development goals for chapter members
- Perform administrative approvals for squad members (e.g. Holiday requests, Travel requests and expense reports)
As a squad member, you also contribute to a squad (50% of time):
What will make you successful?
- Experience with extensive knowledge of Python programming and data engineering
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience in developing using ETL tools
- Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning.
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Good understanding of BI concepts and ability to articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
You are a cultural ambassador of the "new" culture. With the following strong emphasis for this role:
- You are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You achieve the best result by empowering and given people's responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
- You stimulate people to really achieve propositions
- You are an advocate of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Passionate about people management and people development
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff
- Extensive experience of working in environments involving Agile development
- Background that comprises both solid business understanding as well as high level understanding of high-quality technical product delivery
- Strong experience implementing DevOps techniques & strategies
- Familiar with open-source technologies
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review
LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Cellou Diallo, Hiring Manager
Victor Ooi , Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.