About the Role
In this context, SWIFT is looking for a Chapter Lead Product Management. As Chapter Lead, you have the opportunity to build, support and grow a team of top-notch product managers. You will be responsible for the staffing of your chapter, coaching of your squad members and supporting the growth and personal development of each individual. In addition, you will organize the resource allocation of chapter members for the tribe clusters and squads. As part of the agile design, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member in the Watch Core squad and contribute to the success of the squad, in context of the wider tribe and company strategy. What to expect:
What will make you successful?
- Chapter lead is a full-time member of a squad, who commits to spend 40-50% of their time to lead the members of their chapter in craftsmanship development, i.e. steering on the 'how' and on the standards a member uses in their job and general skill development.
- In the agile context, you will also participate as 'hands-on' squad member as a product manager to contribute to the success of the Watch Core squad, in context of the wider tribe and company strategy.
- Select and recruit squad members with skills to meet projected demand and to have qualified, competent and motivated chapter members.
- Work with the Product Owners and tribe leadership to organise the chapter member assignment in squads.
- Coach chapter members on best practices.
- Ensure transversal consistency of knowledge, create a culture of excellence and continuous learning and ensures professional growth of members
- Set up knowledge sharing between chapter members and participate in cross-tribe knowledge sharing
- Develop, design and develop programs to fill identified gaps.
- Maintain deep understanding of market trends, product management, competitive insights through ongoing education, conference attendance and industry press.
- Build a network within and outside the Chapter, maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders and make sure they are consulted and informed when needed.
- Ensure chapter members understand the relevant policies and standards to apply in their domain
- Set annual objectives and conduct mid-year review and year-end performance appraisal of chapter members
- Orchestrate the feedback collection from Product Owner, Agile Coach, and stakeholders to assess development needs and agree on skills development goals for chapter members.
- You lead by example, are an inspiration and you show energy & passion
- You achieve results by empowering and giving people's responsibility, but at the same time you know how to "excite", challenge and keep the team on their toes
- You stimulate people to really perform at their best.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Product/Market Management, preferably in a data, analytical or financial sector.
- Proven track record in managing clients and keeping customer satisfaction at an all-time high.
- Drives successful outcomes through collaboration, influence and partnership in a complex, matrix environment.
- Passionate, self-starter, with personal drive and ambition.
- Team player with good discipline, organized way of working and ability to work autonomously, remotely from some colleagues yet in a very collaborative and Agile context.
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff.
- Passionate about people management and people development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally, and ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability and desire to succeed in a diverse, multi-cultural environment, across varied geographies and teams.
- Willingness to travel as required.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review
LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Bart Claeys , Head of Data & Analytics Products Strategy at SWIFT
Victor Ooi , Talent Acquisition Specialist APAC (Recruitment Partner to this role) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.