CLCM Engagement Lead
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. Wealth and Personal Banking
is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team in the role of CLCM Engagement Lead
working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. Principal Responsibilities:
This newly created role is a key role on the CLCM and Engagement team. The role holder is a key contributor to the execution of Customer Proposition strategy of;
- Enabling the next wave of Growth;
- Defending and energising our Wealth and Personal Banking customers;
- Embedding customer centricity with personal and relevance (P&R) messaging to drive customer and employee advocacy.
The role holder will also double hat for Copywriting and/or Messaging Development, this role's primary focus areas are:
- provide tangible SME input to execute the materials for Customer Life cycle, Engagement and Primary banking strategy, by using customer insights, outside in view and external benchmarks, research data, digital/mobile origination design, analysis of current state, customer pain points and how future solutions are going to address those;
- become an SME in messaging development in all customer interactions across WPB portfolio, touch points and channels and develop an open accessible portal/library of relates insights, data, capabilities and ongoing projects. Act as an SME, main referral points and partner for regional and global CLCM and DMES teams;
- continuously executing messaging optimization along the Customer Life Cycle in driving the personal and relevance messaging strategy;
- contribute and evidence material improvement in customer inactivity, engagement and primary banking with the focus on priority segments, by cocreating with regional and global to build tailored strategies locally;
- D&A team being your main partner for delivering insights and automated P&R messaging capabilities, enable effective and collaborative operating model between the two teams;
- testing to bring early signs of experience gaps as an insight for the whole Customer Propositoin team;
- work collaboratively with customer proposition teams and international teams, product teams, marketing, D&A team to stay true to common purpose and business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic: Drive the implementation of Customer Life Cycle management and Engagement strategy. Provide material input to digital/mobile originations, supported by rich insights and data and leverage propositions and products' knowledge of their customer portfolios and the requirements of individual segments.
- CLCM and Engagement community: Be the main contributor to the community of deep knowledge and expertise of WPB customer portfolio, all customer interactions, channels and pain points. Educate global, regional and market stakeholders and act as an SME and main referral point. Champion the Engagement and primacy mind-set and continuously contribute to the evaluation of the engagement opportunities across our customer portfolio, identifying target areas and priority segments.
- Customer Engagement and Inactivity, Primary banking: Be the main driver for the material improvement to customer inactivity and engagement, and as a result to customer experiences by working closely with marketing, DMES Ops and D&A in creating use cases in delivering a data driven insightful and intuitive communication and messaging to the customers with the focus on digital/mobile. Support distribution with Global's assistance in developing front line tools and training materials to drive engagement. Work with the Regional and Global team to improve Inactivity and Primary banking. Track and report appropriate measurements, metrics and KPIs to identify success.
- Digital and Mobile skills: The role holder will have the knowledge and/or experience in digital and mobile given the focus on driving the engagement across our customer base. This is also critical skills as the incumbent will be working closely with DMES Ops teams. Role holder will be working very closely with D&A team to ensure the development of customer capabilities such as Comms Hub / Project NBA is data and digital led.
- Stakeholder Management: This is a multi-layered and multifaceted requirement. There are Local, Regional and Group Stakeholders at all levels of engagement and interaction.
- Governance: Responsible for participation, oversight, input and interpretation of all relevant governance within the Customer and International scope.
- Analytics: Work closely with the Data and Analytics Team and Business Finance team, having data analytics as integral part of the CLCM and Engagement strategy and projects.
- Bachelor's degree above, major in business or marketing is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of marketing or business management experience, experience or knowledge with financial industry is preferred.
- Fluent English (day to day work language is a mix of English and Mandarin).
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation. Excellent at navigating differences of opinions. Experience in developing and executing customer facing and staff facing communication.
- Proven extensive experience with building and delivering a modern customer lifecycle execution capability with tangible outcomes (e.g. demonstrated by increase in penetration rates, conversion rates, lower cost of acquisition, attrition rate, primary banking metrics and etc).