This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients with information about specific securities. You may also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other sales teams.
- To receive and execute client orders; co-ordinating between the dealer and the client as required, on issues of pricing, quantity of shares and timing or order execution etc.
- To provide effective after sales service and support to clients to ensure that all transactions are accurately executed and action is taken to amend any problems identified.
- Expand own account list and revenue impact by proactively strengthening existing relationships and introducing new ones.
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Prioritize resource allocation across clients and products to maximize revenue generation
- Take appropriate steps to get to know existing and prospective clients from a variety of angles to ensure comprehensive understanding of their organization and how it is run.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive. Understands how we can help achieve their goals in ways that differentiate us from competitors
- Hold trusting relationships with a variety of internal partners and help Impact revenue outside of own product area.
- Set the tone for the team by influencing others to operate in the interest of the firm and sell broad capabilities.
- Help drive product improvements to meet changing client needs.
- Instil a culture of compliance, integrity and ethics within business.
- Ensure risks on a deal/product are appropriately identified, and are measurable and monitorable in firm's systems.
- Take ownership for thinking ahead to identify potential future issues, and escalate and help resolve them.
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Provide developmental feedback to team members; effectively deliver tough messages and encourage performance improvement.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Significant experience gained within a sales / trading role in an investment banking environment
- Ability to talk in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends) for Equities
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the client's sector and client's specific business needs and limitations. Deep understanding of client-specific nuances and leverages that help deliver more value to clients and the firm.
- Ability to use a well established selling style that fits own personality and can effectively adjust it to individual clients as needed
- Understands the product cycle and anticipate market trends and impacts across a broad spectrum of products.