Associate, Regulatory Compliance
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 14 Nov 18
Associate, Regulatory Compliance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Dissemination of local laws and guidelines
- Ensure proactive and timely identification, dissemination and advice of regulatory changes, practices, associated risks and control measures.
- Provide stakeholders with the advice necessary to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with relevant local requirements and standards of the regulatory system, Group standards, and the code of conduct so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Ensure business functions are in compliance with laws and regulations and Group policies through a detailed understanding of local regulatory requirements and close coordination with Country Compliance Advisers and Business.
- Advise and provide support on compliance issues as required. Provide assurance of compliance to key obligations through engagement with business functions and verification of the gap analysis and completed actions.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to ensure that the Country Compliance function's objectives and priorities are aligned with business direction and regulatory expectations, and that compliance risk are considered on all matters in the managing of new and amended regulations.
- Drive and project manage gap analysis and remediation activities of past regulatory guidelines to ensure full compliance to key obligations as a one off project.
- Provide managerial support and staff developmental guidance to the team under management.
- Effective management and deployment of team resources.
- Develop and strengthen the Team's proficiency and competency to achieve quality and consistency of deliverables.
Operational Risk Management for Compliance
- Assist the Director Regulatory Compliance, Malaysia.
- in the operational risk responsibilities for the compliance function.
- to ensure all audit issues highlighted by regulators/ Audit are adequately addressed and remedial action are taken on a timely basis.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory matters.
- Strong Leadership, Strategic Thinking and Analytical capabilities, and Communication skills.
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions..
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with colleagues across Compliance (i.e. Business, Regional and Country), Operational Risk, Group Internal Audit, and other respective Business and Group Functions, and including problem solving.
- A disciplined approach to Planning, Execution and Delivery.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics.
- Able to lead and motivate the team under supervision.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.