Associate Director - Head of Islamic Structuring HSBC Amanah & Head of Sukuk Structuring APAC
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Representing the largest global Islamic financial services team of any international bank, HSBC Amanah provides a full suite of innovative Islamic products and services to retail and corporate customers around the world. Complementing HSBC's comprehensive range of global banking and financing solutions, HSBC Amanah leverages the Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to best serve the growing demand for this viable alternative to conventional financing in Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our HSBC Amanah team in the role of Associate Director - Head of Islamic Structuring HSBC Amanah & Head of Sukuk Structuring APAC
, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. Principal Responsibilities
Head of Sukuk Structuring APAC Principal Responsibilities
- To lead the structuring of Islamic and sustainable financing transactions for the Global Banking business in Malaysia. This entails close coordination with coverage teams to identify opportunities for Islamic finance products offering. For sustainable finance solutions, to lead and liaise with global ESG teams to ensure smooth execution of transactions to clients.
- This role requires strong execution capabilities by the candidate. These include strong product knowledge & Islamic structuring capabilities. Candidate should have deep knowledge in shariah documentation since this skill is critical for smooth execution of any transaction. Ultimately the candidate will be responsible in achieving financial targets imposed by the Bank.
- Another role is to maintain cross border business assets which focus is more to International financing in accordance with the Bank's strategy and income potential. Amanah International Desk has a need for ICBU head involvement following the regulatory requirement.
- To engage in origination of Islamic transactions across all product range offered by the bank. This include financing & DCM, trade finance, cash management & Global market products. As for DCM, the role has been expended to cover sukuk structuring across Asia Pacific as per details below.
The Head of Sukuk Financing, APAC is responsible for supporting DCM in the origination and execution of APAC G3 and MYR local currency Sukuk issuance. The role involves supporting DCM in the coverage of GB and CMB clients, the provision of Islamic Financing advice, the structuring and execution of DCM Sukuk transactions (in collaboration with the DCM Deal Director), as well as supporting the production of pitch materials for regional clients looking to tap the global Sukuk markets. Principle roles are:
- Maintain HSBC's position as the leading internation Sukuk and Islamic Financing House, and assist in the delivery of HSBC's growth strategy in the Asia Pacific region for Islamic Financing
- Appropriate provision of structuring advice to regional DCM teams and clients of Islamic financing transactions in compliance with Shariah requirements
- Coordinating internally with legal (transaction management) and externally with transaction counsels in respect of fulfilment and completion of all Islamic related transaction documentation
- Act as intermediary between Regional DCM teams and the respective Shariah Committees to obtain all necessary approvals for transaction documentation and structure, in obtaining the Shariah Pronouncement required for the issuance
- Supporting regional DCM teams in engagements with rating agencies in respect of Sukuk structure and documentation
- Supporting regional DCM teams in engagements with regulatory authorities in respect of market development inititatives, origination activities or execution matters related to Islamic / Shariah matters
- Key liason point for DCM Asia Pac- with the Sukuk / DCM teams in Middle East, in respect of cross region oppurtunities i.e. inbound and outbound for Sukuk financing, including updating regional DCM teams / clients in respect of latest regulatory changes in the Middle East and current Middle East / Sukuk Investor trends /considerations.
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- Academic or professional qualification in Islamic banking/finance mandatory in any discipline highly desirable
- Minimum of 7 years in Islamic finance
- Strong understanding of Islamic banking products (innovating, structuring and launching) for Corporate banking and Sukuk is mandatory. Strong leadership in leading cross-cultural teams and a track-record of building talent.
- Experience in structuring facilities and pricing risk in a very competitive environment
- Good knowledge of industry trends and macro-economic trends, locally and globally
- Strong business sense to invest in business and grow HSBC's franchise into lucrative customer segments and new products.
- Ability and inclination to proactively manage credit, operational, compliance and legal risk, while meeting business growth targets.
- Prior Islamic finance industry engagement is highly desirable.