Associate, Corporate Sales
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Markets is the treasury division of the bank and its businesses cover traded market products and services (foreign exchange, interest rates, and credit) trading and sales to corporations, banks, institutional investors, financial institutions and other market participants in Malaysia. It provides clients a platform for transacting in the full spectrum of markets products and services, ranging from debt origination to vanilla hedging and investment products through to customized structured products and over-the-counter derivative instruments.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Associate, Corporate Sales. Principle Responsibilities:
Corporate Sales is part of HSBC Global Banking and Markets, is responsible for serving corporate clients. As part of Corporate Sales, sales will primarily service the group's Strategic & Focus clients, addressing their needs through the provision of client relevant products, solutions and deep market insight. This role requires strong client experience in order to develop long lasting trusted relationships whilst improving product penetration and wallet share.
An understanding of the Corporate Sales business, MSS products and clients is therefore essential in this role. Also essential is a deep knowledge of the products that Strategic and Focus clients typically trade; the role holder should therefore be familiar with, foreign exchange instruments and interest rate derivatives.
- The primary objective of the role is to manage and develop the revenue and profitability of allocated client portfolios whilst delivering excellent service to address client needs. A constant drive to improve the cost of service delivery will also be a key focus of the role and will require championing key initiatives, such as servicing more transactional needs via e-capability. Identify sales opportunities that address specific needs for our clients and managing from identification to point of sale and through post trade process
- Service a portfolio of Strategic and/or Focus clients, including Transactional clients where required
- Manage and develop relationships with transactional clients, including those serviced over e-platforms for flow based business.
- Provide day to day sales coverage using the full suite of Corporate Sales offerings and support team members to do the same
- Deliver services and solutions that meet client needs and where necessary leverage the bank's depth of product expertise and Thought Leadership
- Develop trusted relationships with clients to drive revenue growth and greater product penetration
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders, including Relationship Managers, Global Liquidity & Cash Management (GLCM), and Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF), to service client needs and improve share of wallet
- Drive efficiency and profitability by championing adoption and use of relevant service offerings to meet client needs, for example migrating transactional business to the self-service e-capability, coordinating with CRS for more complex balance sheet structuring solutions, or identifying further opportunities for the offshore capability to support Corporate Sales
- Manage changes to processes as technology platforms evolve
- Work with Corporate Sales team to ensure all activities for their set of Strategic and Focus clients are executed in line with their agreed principles
- Work through Corporate Sales for ensuring all Global Service Centre outsourced activities are executed in line with the agreed SLA's and requirements for servicing clients
- Identify and originate cross-sell opportunities (cross-border, Corporate Sales /CRS, and cross-selling the Bank)
- Where appropriate and responsibility has been assigned, act as global Sales Captain for specified clients
- Grow deep and broad customer relationships to enhance the HSBC franchise and generate value added business
- Build and maintain business relationships with clients in assigned area of responsibility
- Good analytical and interpersonal skill;
- Numerical aptitude required;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Ability to converse in various dialects is an added advantage;
- Confident, hardworking and with strong desire to learn;
- Fast learner and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure