Associate Client Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 16 Oct 18
Associate Client Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
As an international business that is constantly developing, we offer every one of our staff the potential to grow. We take pride in our diverse and inclusive working environment and all of our employees are able to benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups, helping them make the most of their talent to forge a successful career journey, both personally and professionally. Set your sights on the far horizon. Join HSBC.
We are currently seeking a competent candidate to join this team in the role of Assocaite Client Management (Due Diligence)
To take responsibility for contacting and liaising with RMs and client, to collect the necessary KYC Due Diligence information, FATCA and Global Client Consent documentations required for the renewal and remediation of a portfolio of Corporate/Financial Institution Clients.
The Client Management (Due Diligence) Team will operate in Malaysia will work closely with GBM On-boarding Client Management Team, Global Banking Relationship Managers, Compliance, Legal, Tax and KYC Services to ensure all requisite information is gathered from the client consistently efficiently to complete KYC Profiles and meet regulatory requirements.
A number of remediation projects will be incorporated into the standard BAU process, which includes FATCA and Global Standards Mastergroups, where current KYC Profiles would need to be remediated to the Group's new Higher Global Standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Client Management / KYC renewals and/or on-boarding clients into an Investment Banking environment and will also have direct and detailed understanding of KYC policies and practices, again within an investment bank.
- For the assigned Global Banking Coverage Sector, assume responsibility for the gathering of information required to complete Client Due Diligence (CDD) activities, FATCA and Global Client Consent (GCC) requirements via direct client contact
- Ensure all CDD requests and activities that impact and involve Coverage are resolved within agreed timeframes, that the request and work-flow pipeline is optimized, priorities identified early and issues escalated accordingly
- Develop a detailed understanding of the CDD functions, FATCA and GCC program, system, process and procedures in order to advise the Coverage and Clients
- Develop strong working relationship with Coverage, KYC Services, Tax, Legal and Compliance and external clients and ensure open communication, transparency and expectations managed appropriately at all times
- Highlight problems/blockages and use initiative to suggest ideas to change and improve processes
- Strong emphasis on the maintenance of an effective and rigid control environment ensuring quality and adherence is never compromised
- Requirement to provide accurate / regular status updates to the team leads and business in terms of KYC renewal requests, FATCA progress and other related issues / events
- Act as a central point of contact for FATCA dispensation, negotiation requests and escalation of issues
- Detail-oriented in capturing accurate unique data that can be identified and retrieved quickly
- Adhering to all service level agreements and metric requirements at all times
- Work closely with Coverage RMs and KYC Team to understand the urgency and priority of different KYC renewals and remediation tasks.
- Assist in the production and analysis of MI on an ad-hoc basis / as requested
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events to mitigate the risk of prosecution
- Minimum of 5 years KYC, AML or Client Due Diligence experience.
- Enhanced inter-personal skills and the ability to handle conflict and manage expectations. Demonstrate high energy; be PRO-ACTIVE, extremely positive and have a 'driver and achiever' mentality
- Excellent communication skills. This role requires an individual to demonstrate an "Extrovert" personality type at times, who will need to be in constant communication with other HSBC units and external clients
- Consistent feedback and guidance to interested parties regarding requests is necessary for adequate pipeline management and to increase group communication to minimize pipeline bottlenecks and other obstructions
- A proven ability to create and maintain good relationships is essential
- Excellent client service skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently under minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of HSBC's organizational structure, business lines and policies and procedures to ensure compliance on all proposals and able to manage new product due diligence
- Solid and proven relevant work experience (supporting Relationship Managers, Sales or working in an operational middle office or client facing support function), within the banking / financial services industry