Assi stant Vice President (Marine, Energy, CP&I Broking) Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed. How this opportunity is different
Under the direction of the Team Leader or any other seniors, the AVP has the responsibility of servicing a portfolio of clients and securing new business targets. The AVP will be responsible in all client/prospect facing activities in an efficient and professional manner, independently. The following are some of the job scope expected:
Skills and experience that will lead to success -
- Review client files regularly, analyze and identify scope of cover required and check adequacy of existing cover
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed
- Effective communications with clients, markets and colleagues.
- Develop and prepare underwriting specifications, proposals, insurance summaries / slips.
- Ensure that all quotations, insurance summaries and billings are correct and complete before releasing to markets and clients/prospects
- Respond to non-routine and complex enquiries
- Follow-up with markets on policy documents, check policy to ensure it matches with the coverage confirmed to client, notify markets of any discrepancies and follow-up on their amendment
- Ensure full compliance with company's internal policies and procedures as well as the local insurance regulatory requirements at all times
- Make clients aware of the premium warranty due date and cash-before-cover regulations and closely follow-up with clients on premium collections
- Ensure that the Team Leader is kept informed of all pertinent issues or problems. In the absence of the Team Leader, to assist to guide and coach other subordinates in their tasks, where required
- Monitor, guide and counsel all support personnel including on the job training to upgrade their knowledge and skills
- Ensure optimum cover is provided to clients at best possible terms froms the markets
- Lead and monitor day to day operations and ensure client's insurance requirements and needs are handled efficiently and competently
- Delegate work to subordinates and supervise assigned tasks, where appropriate
- Ensure prompt preparation and submission of all required monthly reports/updates to Team Leader or Head of Department
- Actively involved in non-routine and complex claims and coordinate/work closely with Claims Department to settle claims efficiently and satisfactorily for client
- Responsible for client retention and organic growth
- Develop new business (as well as cross-selling) from existing and potential clients
- Responsible in meeting revenue targets
- Leading Aon United mindset in all aspects
Degree and relevant working experience in the insurance industry of other industry managing sales and client interaction. -
10 years of working experience and above would be considered favorably -
Computer Skills (especially in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Power Point) How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. #LI-HYBRID