FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, Shariah and Family Takaful products across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance. Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group.
Launched in Malaysia on 29 June 2019, FWD Takaful Berhad (Company No. 200601011780 ) is FWD Group's inaugural Takaful business - a partnership between FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (an FWD Group company), JAB Capital Berhad and Employee Provident Fund Board of Malaysia (EPF).
If you are looking for a career which can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey! KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Reviewer for monthly/quarterly and annually month end closing for local reporting within the stipulated timeline.
- Monitor and participate in reviewing of all the local statutory reporting to local regulatory parties.
- Prepare the company financial statement for both interim and annual financial statement.
- Participate in year-end audit planning and resolve the audit related issues for both external and internal auditor.
- Review and improve the current SL GL month end reconciliation process to ensure all the outstanding items are properly monitor and reconcile on timely basis by the preparers.
- In charge of company annual tax filing and monthly tax provision. Key liaison with tax consultant.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of degree or equivalent, in Finance/ accounting
- Minimum 8 years of working experience with 6 years in Finance department relating to Takaful or insurance.
- Demonstrable experience in handing reconciliation issue.
- A good team player with good interpersonal skills and able to work independently.
- Result oriented person with a sense of urgency to provide the deliverable on timely basis.
- Able to lead and motivate the time.
- Well-versed in IFRS standard relating to insurance/ Takaful.