Transaction Tax Specialist Location:
Penang, Malaysia Responsibilities:
The following roles and responsibilities reflect the expectations for this position, but are not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Support S&P Global Inc Transaction Tax compliance processes:
- Run reports, reconcile, and submit transaction tax returns as assigned.
- Contribute to process improvements and other operational efficiency projects.
- Support monthly tax compliance metrics and trackers.
- Support the tax team on various credit/refund opportunities (requires research, data collection, and preparation).
- Support United States "US" sales & use tax and other transaction tax audits document requests.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to support the company's business priorities.
- Participate in system testing and validation of transactions as part of our ongoing tax process improvement priorities.
- Perform monthly transaction tax account reconciliation and related journal entries.
- Provide timely support and effective guidance to our business partners on transaction tax matters.
- Work with our global team and cross-functional colleagues to support projects and other business priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of SAP/Oracle Fusion a plus.
- Prior experience in supporting tax compliance and audits a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Knowledge ERP systems and financial reporting systems (SAP, Oracle Fusion knowledge a plus).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (strong excel skills preferred).
- Superior analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Demonstrated flexibility to quickly adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Strong team player.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.