S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis The Team:
This role is a key member of the Commodity Insights Finance Business Partner team supporting the Commodity Insights Tech, Data, and Business Operations Teams. The position will support the teams by providing information, insights, and decision support to internal business partners to optimize financial performance, improve decision making and drive growth. The Impact:
The role will support all business partnering and reporting requirements for the forecasting and general financial management of the Tech, Data, and Business Operations functions. Primary focus will be on creating efficiencies and process improvements through automation, advanced excel modelling and the use of Tableau dashboards. What's in it for you:
Support the development and growth of Commodity Insights platforms and applications by providing insightful financial forecasts and recommendations while working alongside an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team. Responsibilities:
Participate in the day-to-day accounting and financial planning as an integral member of the Commodity Insights Finance team:
What We're Looking For:
- Assist with providing effective finance decision support to S&P Global Commodity Insights business line senior leadership team
- Primary responsibility will be to track and report on external contractor, software, AWS, and T&E spend and prepare related monthly accruals and develop forward looking forecasts and operating budgets
- Support the monthly close process by analyzing monthly expense and other critical performance measures; research drivers of performance and provide variance commentary of actuals versus budget, prior forecast, and prior year
- Prepare monthly reporting packages to business partners to improve transparency and understanding of drivers of financial performance
- Drive continuous process improvement with the goal of increasing efficiency and optimizing the distribution of work through automation, leveraging of centers of excellence and other solutions
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts for Tech, Data, and Business Operations
- Assist with ad hoc requests, special projects for Commodity Insights senior finance leadership
Characteristics important to this position include initiative, attention to detail, strategic thinking, independent judgment, strong communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and ability to understand complex business concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years financial analysis and accounting experience
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, Modeling) and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Anaplan preferred
- Experience with Tableau and Alteryx preferred
- Solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Flexible Working (optional)
- Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Dependability - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity - Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Create Superior Customer Value - Cultivate long-term, strategic customer relationships by ensuring that the customer's perspective is the driving force behind business activities; anticipate customer needs and understand the customer's criteria for success; strive to exceed customer expectations; measure contributions against the criteria to determine whether success was achieved; accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Communicates Effectively - Speak transparently; adapt your approach and your message to fit the audience; seek input from others and use sound rationale to gain acceptance of ideas; listen actively and respond in a manner that promotes collaboration; persistently deliver important information and check for understanding to ensure your message is understood.
- Data science / analytics (e.g., Alteryx) and Data Visualization (e.g., Tableau) a plus
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. The Location:
Penang, Malaysia About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.